Guests of Honor

The author's secret quarters.
Me: My dear comrades, we are gathered here today to discuss how Drago will reveal the fact that he produced two delicious off- springs.
This is a top secret meeting, and these rooms are highly guarded. Nobody can enter this room. We're practically more safe here then the Pentagon, or the Mossad, for that matter.
Apollo: Um...you do realize we're hiding in your bathroom, right?
Me: (looking around in wonder) I did think this room seemed just a little too white.
Drago: (face palm)
Me: Anyway...back to the task at hand...ideas, anyone?
Apollo: (raises his claw) Well, it wasn't exactly Drago, it was more Wyvern. But he and Wyvern-
Me: May I remind you we have a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD BOY present in this meeting. (Gesturing at Dan). Keep it PG please.
Dan: (waves sheepishly) Hi there.
Me: Ok....So back to my ideas?
Apollo: (raises his hand).
Me:(sighing) If you mention the canon idea again, I will kick you out of this secret meeting.
Apollo: But it's a good idea!
Me: (looking around the table) Any other ideas?
Dan: Umm...maybe he'll just bring them to the party?
Me: (dumbfounded) You wanna just...bring them to the party? JUST LIKE THAT?
Dan:(a little scared)Umm...no?
Me: We need something big! And cute! And unexpected! (Turns abruptly towards Drago) We can have you sing!
Drago: ...sing?
Me: (excited) Yeah! You can walk in the room singing "We Are One" from the Lion King! It's genius!
Drago: What-
Me: (starts singing) As you go through life you'll see-
everyone else: (Groaning) AHHHHHHHHHHH.
Me: There is so much that we...DON'T UNDERSTAND.
Dan: yeah! Like how two dragons have a-
Drago: DANIEL.
Me: And the only thing we know, is things don't always go...THE WAY WE PLANNED.
Drago: That's actually...very accurate. But there is NO WAY I'm singing.
Me: (whines) But WHY?
Drago: Can I please leave your bathroom now? This is getting...strange.
Me: Dude! I'm the author! You can't just...HEY DON'T YOU DARE WALK OUT ON ME MISTER! HEY!
Hello all. I apologize it took so long for me to update- I was struggling to find the perfect way Drago will introduce Dawn and Hope to the brawlers. I wrote five freaken' versions, perhaps even more, but none of them clicked. I need a click, and I ain't getting it!
So then I decided to take a break and write a different chapter, but then suddenly I did get a click! Yay!
Anyways, here we go!

"So...any ideas why Keith would meddle with the High Council of Vestel?" Rory asked her partner, who was currently pulling off her blond wig, followed by some groaning.
"I- oh! Have no idea". Emi ran her hands through her hair and winced. "I feel like I just pulled off my entire scalp". She then proceeded to take out her brown contacts. "Thank the heavens I never threw these out, or that my father never publicized my exile".
Rory cocked her head. "How come?"
Emi stretched her eye, slowly reaching in to pull out her other contact. "Believe it or not, I was pretty liked upon the common folk, and my father feared an uprising". She finished to take out her contacts, turning to look at Rory with her natural blue eyes. "But forget about that. We have more urgent matters to discuss". She pulled over a stool and sat, facing the stand where Rory was currently perched. Rory felt her heart sinking when she saw a small knowing smile on her partner's face.
"You admitted you like Helios..."
Rory huffed grumpily. "I said I don't hate him. 
That means I can still despise him, loath him, barely stand him, and so much more". 
"Oh, don't start getting all smarty pants with me". Emi leaned forward, so she was more eye level with her partner. "Besides, I totally ship it".
Rory stared at her in disbelief. "You...ship it?"
"Oh wait! You don't know what ships are". The smile that graced Emi's lips was super smug, and Rory didn't like it one bit.
"Ship is short for relationship. When you want two people...or bakugan, to end up together, you say you ship them.
You even link their names into one, like Relios".
"...Don't EVER say that again".
Emi ignored her. "And when those two people or Bakugan end up together, you say the ship has sailed, or Relios is canon!".
"You know, I used to think that between both of us, you were the sane one.
I'm starting to have second thoughts".
"Just listen to me for a sec! You're both big bad bakugans, both skilled fighters, not to mention rugged and full of themselves. You're perfect for one another!"
"You live in a coconut", Rory stated. "Just thinking of that bakugan makes me wanna vomit".
"So... you're more of an Apollo type?"
"WHAT?" Rory yelped in alarm. "Apollo and I are just friends! Why would you think otherwise?"
Emi stared at her. "Rory, you can't be serious".
"What are you talking about?"
"You never noticed how much he fawns over you? He's in love with you over his poor little head!"
Rory was shocked. To her embarrassment, she really didn't notice.
All this time...he was secretly in love with me?
She hated to admit it, but the very idea seemed absurd to her.
She shook her head. "I love Apollo, but as a friend. He and I...we're very different".
To put it mildly.
"Maybe you could at least try it out?" Emi suggested.
Rory thought about it. She hated to break his heart- he was such a good friend. But to give him the illusion that things could actually work out between them...
"It'll never work", She stated defiantly.
"Why?" Emi didn't give up.
"I..." How could she even start to explain?
Once he knows who I am, the things I've done...
She looked up into her partner's blue, playful eyes. If Emi ever found out about her past, would she still want to be her partner? Would any of them still want to be her friend?
Or would they see me as a monster?
His last words echoed in her mind. As much as she tried to forget him, even after all these years, she still had nightmares.
"You think the others will ever accept you?" He laughed. His booming voice caused the ground to tremble.
"You are a monster in their eyes, my dear.
Always was and always will be".
She shivered. "I...he's just not my type". It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the complete truth either.
Emi studied her, her eyes softening. "There's actually...something else I wanted to talk to you about". She took a deep breath. "That insane amount of power you wielded to wipe my father's forces..."
Rory's heart sank.
"I know you are unnaturally strong, but that was insane. I've never seen a Darkus attack like that. And...I heard from the others what happened after I was stabbed..."
The way she pushed Shadowprome into the opposite wall. The flickering lights. The shadows appearing out of oblivion.
"Ror...what's going on?"
Rory looked up, and was terrified to see fear reflect in her partner's eyes.
She's afraid of me. The thought caused her turmoil and anguish.
My own partner is afraid of me.
But could she really blame Emi for fearing something she didn't understand?
"I...It's about the wings", she stated hesitantly.
Emi's eyes flashed in understanding. "I see..."
It wasn't really about the wings, but Rory knew that if she said that, Emi would back off, knowing it was a sensitive topic.
"If you don't wanna talk I understand. Just remember...we're partners, you know? You can tell me anything".
Rory's heart warmed. "Thanks Emi. I appreciate it".
Emi nodded. "Well then, I better get back to Marucho before he wonders why a simple trip to the bathroom is taking so long". She sat up, brushing her pants of non-existent debris. "Try not to kill anyone while I'm not around".
Rory smiled. "I'll try my best".
Emi chuckled, waving goodbye before leaving the room.
As the door closed behind her, she sighed, leaning on the door.
She always assumed Rory didn't talk about her past because the memories caused her pain.
It was the first time she considered that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't the memories that caused her such anguish.
It was the fear that the people around her would leave her once they found out the truth.
She folded her arms to her chest, staring up at the ceiling.
Ror, what are you hiding from me?
"Attention everyone! All brawlers must come immediately to the meeting room!"
That's strange. Emi made her way to the meeting room. Marucho sounded strangely tense on the intercom. She ran into Baron and Ace on the way there, almost knocking them over as she ran. The three of them oriented themselves before walking together to the meeting room.
To her surprise, Keith was already seated, with Helios on the table in front of him.
A couple of days, ha?
Emi took the seat next to him, grinning. Keith rolled his eyes, but she didn't miss the smallest of smiles that formed on his lips.
The others soon gathered as well, their bakugans forming a circle on the table. As usual, Drago was missing.
Emi felt a tap on her shoulder as Rory jumped to the table.
"So...Marucho man, what's the emergency?"
Marucho winced. "Please don't call me that".
Emi huffed grumpily. "You guys are no fun".
Marucho chuckled awkwardly. "Drago requested we all meet him at his home in Vestroia".
Dan looked up, surprised. "Huh?"
"Did he say why?" Shun asked.
"No...but I was hoping maybe one of you knew what's going on". Marucho turned to Dan. "Dan do you know anything?"
"I may have an idea". A huge grin split his face like sunshine.
"Why do I have a feeling that you know something that we don't?" Keith asked.
Nemos turned to the other bakugans. "Do you guys have any idea?"
"Maybe he evolved again?"Elfin suggested.
"Maybe it has to do with all his disappearences". Preyas turned to the others. "Or his weird behavior".
"I'm telling you, it's a secret girlfriend", Helios intervened.
"Why do you keep thinking that?" Emi asked.
"Did you see the chocolate smooch mark on his cheek when we battled the alternative? Where else would he get that?"
"Hmm..." Emi leaned back in her seat. Something just didn't add up.
She did notice the chocolate smooch mark, but she didn't think Drago as the type to just forget it was there.
"Only one way to find out". Marucho stepped aside to let Docter Michael enter. He opened them a portal, wishing them a safe journey.