Flowers, Fights and Fortitude

Wow! this is the longest chapter I wrote so far, so you guys are in for a treat. I kept scolding myself for not ending it sooner, but honestly- once you start, you really get into it! Hope you enjoy this chapter! feel free to comment and share your thoughts and ideas!

Another thing- thank you guys so much! Two thousand reads! That's absolutely insane! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You guys have been super great and supportive, and I truly appreciate it!

Stay safe and healthy!
"Wait a second", Dan interrupted his story.
"You're telling me, that when you ran out of here after we tested the Jetkor (= Yes, for some weird reason you spell it like this. I checked) , it was because Dawn was communicating with you telepathically?"
"Yes".
"That is...so cool".
Drago laughed. "At the time, I was pretty terrified. I'm still not sure how the whole telepathy thing works. I've been so preoccupied with Dawn's fire breathing faze and fighting the Vexos, I haven't really had time to test it out".
"Wow! Imagine having whole conversations in your head!" Dan exclaimed. He looked down at Drago, smiling. "I still can't believe you're a father".
Drago shook his head. "Neither can I."
Dan thought for a moment. "Wyvern is...was their mother, right?" He asked softly.
Drago looked down in forlorn. "Yes". He sighed. "You should see how much they look like her".
There was an awkward silence. Dan didn't know what to say to comfort his partner.
"So...", he started, trying to change the subject. "Can I meet my nieces?"
Drago looked up, grinning.|
"I thought you'd never ask".
Drago landed on the stony ledge that marked the entrance to his cave with Dan perched on his shoulder, the swirling vortex closing behind them.
He turned to look at his partner. "Would you stop fidgeting? I'm scared you'll fall off".
"Oh, sorry buddy! I'm just..." he looked down. "What if they don't like me?"
Drago stared at him. "Daniel, that's something I need to worry about, not you!"
"I know, I know! It's just..." he glanced up at Drago. "This is really important to me Drago. You're my partner and my best friend. I want them to like me".
Drago smiled softly at his partner. "They will love you, Dan." He assured him, then chuckled. "Hope even acquired your eating habits".
Dan's eyes widened in surprise, a huge grin appearing on his face. He pressed a hand to his heart, looking teary eyed. "I feel so proud".
Drago laughed. "You'll meet her soon, but now we're going to check on Dawn- the one you saw yesterday".
Dan nodded, a look of excitement crossing his face . Drago smiled, walking toward his cave.
As they neared the entrance, they suddenly heard the sound of laughter.
Switched confused glances with each other, the bakugan and brawler proceeded to enter the vast cavern.
The sound of laughter intensified as they walked further in . Drago recognized Dawn's childish giggles and Apollo's deep baritone laugh.
He rounded a corner, only to stop dead in his tracks when his eyes saw the strangest thing.
Dawn was sitting on the ground, surrounded by flowers of all shapes and sizes. On her head rested a tiara woven out of flowers, the same said for her wings.
But what really caught his attention was Apollo. The bakugan was covered with flowers from top to bottom. He wore a flower crown, a flower necklace, bracelets - Drago even spotted some on his feet.
The pair didn't seem to notice them yet, for Dawn was in the middle of clasping another flower bracelet on Apollo's arm.
The whole scene was so weird Drago contemplated what to do, but the thought of Apollo dying of perpetual embarrassment was just too tempting.
He didn't usually show his big bad dragon streak, but the universe was just asking for it.
He smiled to himself. Now I know where Hope got her mischievous demeanor.
Though truth be told, Wyvern wasn't so innocent herself. If Drago had a diamond for every time she pranked him, or made that sly smirk he eventually fell for, or that time she made him wear that ridiculous seaweed head band, insisting it eased headaches -
He stopped himself there. that was a story for another time.
He coughed, announcing his presence. immediately both turned to him, one with an expression of pure glee he absolutely loved, the other with undeniable terror.
"Daddy!" Dawn greeted, getting up and running toward him.
Drago squatted, picking up the small dragonet he had come to adore. "Hi angel!" He greeted her with a loud smooch to the cheek. The little one grinned with pleasure. He turned to look at Apollo, brows raised. "I see you've been busy".
Apollo was fidgeting in his place, trying to come up with a good excuse for his sudden accessories.
"Well...you see, I...we were just..."
Drago waited.
Apollo sighed. "Yeah, I got no good excuse".
Drago laughed, positioning Dawn so she rested on his hip opposite the shoulder Dan was sitting on.
Speaking of whom- Drago turned to look at his partner, who was staring at Dawn with an expression full of wonder and emotion.
Drago nudged Dawn with his muzzle. "Angel, there's somebody I want you to meet".
Dawn stared up at him with big emerald eyes. Drago brought his palm up to his shoulder, allowing Dan to jump onto his outstretched hand, and brought his hand forward so Dawn had a clear view of his human partner.
She stared with wide eyes at the small human. "Wow".
Drago chuckled. "Dawn, this is Dan, my human partner and best friend. Dan -" He nodded at Dawn. "This is Dawn.
My daughter".
Dan looked up at the small dragonet. She was the most sweetest thing he has ever seen, with big green eyes and thick dark lashes, not to mention the cutest face. Her colors were the same as Drago's - scarlet colored scales with golden highlights.
Yet looking closely, Dan could clearly tell Wyvern was her mother- the dragonet had the same features as the white one, whether it was the two small opal shaped horns on her head, or the extra stripe under each eye.
Yet her most stunning feature was her eyes- emerald green like her father, though the white of her eyes was black like her mother's . It was beautiful and strange all at once.
He had absolutely no idea how a ferocious, ill tempered dragon like Drago produced such a happy, girly giggly offspring.
"Hi buddy!" He introduced, spreading his arms. "I'm your uncle!"
Drago snorted. He could practically see the gears in Dawn's brain rotating as she tried to process his words.
"Ucle?" She repeated, sounding confused.
"Yeah, you know" Dan's furrowed his brows, thinking of how to explain the concept. "Uncle, like the family member that buys you presents, and...and watches over you when Daddy can't! And...and is so happy to see you and realize he's an UNCLE!" This last statement was equipped with a heart wrenching sob.
Drago shook his head, smiling softly. "He's very emotional" he told Dawn. "You should've seen how excited he was to meet you".
"Like I was when see you?" She asked, grinning.
Drago smiled, pressing his forehead to hers. "Exactly sweetie".
Dawn purred, rubbing her face against his cheek. He ran a gentle finger across the flowers on her forehead. "Did you make this?" He asked, impressed by the weaving pattern.
Dawn nodded. "I make them a lot. Hope don't like wear them, but I make it anyway".
Drago smirked, thinking of Hope wearing a flowers on her head. The kid was more likely to wear a crown made out of knives...or any kind of weapon, for that matter.
"Well, you convinced Apollo to wear them. Anything is possible". He turned to look at the flower king himself. "It suits you" he complemented, trying very hard to keep a straight face, with no avail.
Apollo pointed an accusing finger at him. "I'd like to see you say no to that face", he nodded at Dawn.
Dawn giggled.