The Many Adventures of Parenting

Previously -
Marucho turned to Emi, looking solemn. "Emi, what's wrong?"
"That ball that Milene threw- it's opening a dimensional portal that's causing bakugan interspace to shut down on itself" She explained, holding her stomach.
"You need to get them out of there - NOW".
"It's no use- we're unable to stabilize the interspace", one of the workers said, typing furiously at the computer.
"Keith! Mira!" Dan shouted.
Emi watched as a big blue light filled Bakugan Interspace, emitting waves of energy.
If they don't get out of there now, They'll be lost forever.

The big orb in Bakugan Interspace grew, starting to swallow pieces of the virtual reality.
"Marucho, now would be a good time to act", Emi urged.
Marucho typed at the control furiously. "I'll have to shut down Bakugan Interspace, hopefully after I extracted Keith and Mira out of there".
Emi kept her eyes trained on the screen, silently praying to whoever was bored enough to listen that Keith and Mira would be alright. She cursed silently when Milene decided it was the best timing to attack Keith, unsheathing her sword and charging at him. Keith unsheathed his sword as well, blocking her attack. The sound of clashing swords was faint compared to the echoes of destruction around them as Bakugan Interspace fell apart.
The surface Milene was standing on started to give in, rising in the air and hovering toward the blue orb. She would've been sucked into it as well if Keith hadn't grabbed her arm.
But the winds were just too strong, and Milene's hand started to slip.
Mira grabbed her wrist as well, holding her steady, but when the ground under them broke apart, they stumbled.
Emi watched as Milene slipped from their grasp, being sucked into the blue orb. She couldn't help but wonder if things would be different if she hadn't recruited Milene to the Vexos in the first place.
"It's ready! I'm transporting them out of there!"
Keith and Mira disappeared just as the last remnants of Bakugan Interspace were destroyed, taking Shadow Prome with them.
Everyone ran out of the control room to greet them, except Emi, who started feeling dizzy. She felt a tap on her shoulder.
"Perhaps it's best if I escorted you to your room, miss".
Emi smiled weakly. "That sounds like a splendid idea".

She woke a few hours later. The pain in her head subsided, but her body felt achy and refused to cooperate when she tried getting up.
She looked down at herself. She didn't even change her cloths since the encounter, and lets just say, she really needed a bath.
She slid off the bed, but unfortunately her feet decided supporting her weight was too much, and collapsed beneath her.
Strong arms caught her, holding her steady.
"Easy there. I got you", Keith assured, holding her tightly. Emi had to bite her lip and force herself not to blush.
He gently guided her back to the bed, so she was sitting with her legs dangling over the edge. Keith stood in front of her, his cloak and mask gone.
"Thank you" she stammered, cursing herself for her stuttering.
"I...I should be thanking you", he looked her dead in the eye, and Emi could've sworn he saw into her very soul.
"You saved Mira's life. I can't thank you enough".
Emi nodded, not sure what to say.
There was an awkward silence. She hated awkward silences. She usually tried to fill them with meaningless chatter, but it didn't seem appropriate at the moment.
"Emi, I...." his voice died down in his throat. There was so much that needed to be said, but neither of them knew how to initiate the emotional discussion that was way overdue.
"I think we should both rest", she blurted. She had no strength right now to deal with feelings and memories. it was too much.
Keith nodded in understanding. "Come to the lounge when you're ready. I'll readjust your bandages".
She smiled gratefully. "Thank you".
Keith gave her a short court nod and turned to leave.
He was by the door when Emi called his name.
Keith turned slightly, listening.
"I would've done the same for you", she said quietly.
His eyes were unreadable. "I know", he murmured softly, barely a whisper.
He left, leaving Emi alone with her thoughts.