The Young, The Restless, and The Guilty

Drago returned to Dawn and Hope that evening.
Honestly, he would've wanted to return sooner, but the wounded bakugan and brawler they found in Vestroia needed to be attended to, not to mention given proper medical care.
It was quite unsettling , to say the least. The wounded Bakugan didn't say much, only stared at him with those big blue eyes of hers , tracking his every movement, the tattoos on her body standing out like stars against the night sky. 
The pattern of her tattoos seemed familiar to him, yet he couldn't place his talon on it. It kept bothering him as he flew through the portal, landing on the soft grass. He started walking toward the small cottage, only to end up running the last few feet. Drago surprised himself with how eager he was to see his dragonets he only met the other day.
He circled the house, making his way to the back porch, where he spotted two familiar figures sitting on the grass, gazing at the stars above.
a warm feeling spread through Drago's chest as he watched them. He couldn't wait to spend more time with them.
"Do you tink we see Daddy soon?" He heard Dawn ask Hope, her cute little voice carrying over the cool night breeze.
Hope shrugged. "I down't know". She tilted her head, thinking. "Maybe he busy?"
Drago smiled. "Hello little ones", he greeted, stepping into the light of a kindling torch.
Dawn and Hope whipped their little heads around, smiling widely.
"You came back! " Dawn exclaimed, running toward him with Hope right at her heels.
Drago kneeled , opening his arms as they cannoned into him, wrapping their tiny arms around his torso.
Drago froze, once again overwhelmed by the feeling of their tiny bodies pressed against his. Gently, he wrapped his sinewy arms around them, hugging them tightly. He marveled at the feeling of their smooth scales under his touch.
It was strange, to say the least. Drago only met them...last night? But the way they ran to hug him...It's almost like they always knew him, always knew he would eventually show up. Drago leaned back, yet kept his arms wrapped firmly around them as he gazed down at their cute faces. They looked up at him, grinning with all their teeth. Drago couldn't stop staring at their eyes, identical to his own. Their emerald gaze was mesmerizing. It demanded attention, whether wanted or not, and impossible to ignore.
He wondered if his own eyes caused the same reaction to those surrounding him. ( yes yes yes big fat yes Drago's eyes are gorgeous....fan girl over here ;))
"Daddy can you tell us bedtime stowy?" Dawn asked, her eyes pleading.
Drago was caught by surprise, but how could he say no?
"Of course, sweetie". He nodded his head toward the patch of grass where they sat before his arrival. "Why don't we sit over there?"
"YES!!!!" Dawn roared, causing him to jerk back in bewilderment as she jumped ten feet in the air and bolted toward their spread out blanket. Drago's surprise must have been evident on his face, because Hope came over and patted his forearm.
"She like that awll da time", she stated, rolling her eyes and following an excited Dawn. Drago watched her , amused by the way her walk reminded him of a little baby sumo wrestler.
In fact, they both seemed to walk that way, except Dawn seemed to be fueled by a constant supply of highly caffeinated energy drinks, while Hope was a little faster than your average snail, except when she was hungry.
Drago chuckled, following his two daughters. They were already seated on the blanket , making room for him in the middle.
He sat between them they immediately snuggled against him, taking in his warmth.
Drago stiffened. He wasn't used to being touched like this. "So...what do you want the story to be about?" He asked them, stroking their backs soothingly.
Dawn giggled. Drago's eyes widened. He never heard her giggle before. It was ...incredible. A sound so soft and pure he wanted to hear it constantly.
"can you tell us abowt mowmy?" Hope asked out of the blue.
Drago froze. Wyvern was always a sensitive topic, and he noticed how the other brawlers and bakugan refrained from speaking of her when near him. But she was their mother, for Vestroia's sake. They deserve to know about her.
"Yeah!" Dawn perked up. "Tell us abowt one of your dates!"
Drago looked at her. "And how do you know about dates?"
Hope snorted, her face scrunching up in disgust while Dawn let out another burst of giggles.
Drago chuckled, having the perfect story in mind. "This one is actually pretty funny".
Hope folded her arms and raised a scaly brow at him.
"Ok" she agreed, sounding dead serious.
Drago smiled, pulling them closer to him.
"It started something like this...."