Thanksgiving Special (Part 1)

So yeah, I know Thanksgiving was two weeks ago ( by now it's probably three), but I had this idea since LAST Thanksgiving, meaning, like, a year ago?
And I think this is a segment you'll all enjoy. 

"So let me guess this straight", Emi started. "You guys have this holiday, where you sit around the table eating...turkey?"
Dan grinned. "You got that right".
Emi sat back on the couch, shaking her head. "Your earth customs...are so weird".
"It's not just about the turkey", Runo offered.
"It's not?"
"No, Dan." She glared at the former, then turned back to look at Emi. "It's about...family. making amends. Enjoying each other's company. Realizing that even though we fight, and argue, when push comes to shove..." she trailed off, staring at Tigrerra fondly. "Family is everything".
Emi's brows furrowed in thought. "That actually sounds...quite nice".
Ace folded his arms over his chest, scowling. "Sounds kinda sappy to me". 
 "Ace, everything sounds sappy to you", Mira teased.
He glared at her, though the tips of his lips tilted upward. "So are we having this dinner or not?"
"Of course we are!" Dan intervened. "How can you possibly pass the chance to eat turkey?"
"Dan, you're not even American".
"...SO?"
Everyone laughed at his enthusiasm. "Come on, guys. It'll be nice. We can all use a break from all this fighting. Not to mention..."Dan trailed off, seemingly thoughtful. "I think Drago and Wyvern can really use the break".
Silence spread within the brawlers, all thinking about the female White One.
"She's going through some rough times, huh?" Marucho asked, concern evident in his blue eyes.
Dan rubbed his hands together, trying to think what he should reveal  and what to leave unsaid.
"Last time I spoke to Drago, he mentioned she has a hard time adjusting to the realm of the living", Dan admitted quietly. "And...she has a lot of nightmares from her time in the Dark One's service".
The others were quiet.
"It helps that she has Dawn and Hope to take care of, but...Drago said she barely sleeps anymore, and doesn't drink or eat a lot either.
I think...I think this dinner would be a nice distraction. If not for Wyvern, then for Drago and the kids".
Runo placed a comforting hand on his knee. "That's really considerate of you, Dan". 
"Yeah, well, That's me- your regular considerate guy". He rubbed his eyes tiredly.
"It's just...I don't like seeing Drago struggling. I think we all kinda thought that once Wyvern was saved, everything will work out...none of us thought of the consequences".
"Are you saying we should have left her in the shadow realm?" Tigrerra exclaimed.
"Of course not! But guys! She just came back from the dead! It's a lot to take in.
Drago promised her they'll go through this together, but he's hurting, because she's hurting, and everyone..." Dan clenched fistfuls of his unruly hair. "Everyone is just SAD, and there's nothing I can do to help!"
Silence filled the room, all of them trying to think of something comforting to say.
But truth be told...they all knew there was nothing they could say. This was their reality now, and all they could do was stick together and show Drago and Wyvern that they weren't alone.
Which was why this dinner was so perfect.
"We can host the dinner in Drago's old home  where he hosted the previous party. It could be really fun!" Dan tapped his chin, thinking. "And we can invite bakugan we are friends with, like White Claw".
"And Skyress", Shun popped in, his macho- ninja exterior melting a little at the thought of her. "I'd...really like to see her".
"We should invite Alice to come, and her grandfather", Runo added, her eyes softened at the thought of Alice. "It'll be nice to see her".
"And Joe", Julie nodded. "It'll be nice for him  to see Wyvern".
"So it's settled then". Dan raised his fist in the air, smiling triumphantly. "Operation Thanksgiving dinner is up and running!"

"So let me get this straight..." Drago started, balancing Dawn on his hip. "You want us all, bakugan and brawlers alike, to gather together and eat turkey?"
"Yes".
Drago rubbed his head. "This is a new one".
"I know it sounds strange, and frankly- I just want to eat turkey, but Runo has this whole idea about family, and bonding, and all those emotional girly stuff".
Drago hummed in thought, turning his head to look at Dawn. "What do you think, Angel?"
"Hmmm..." she scrunched her scaly brows, her big emerald eyes thoughtful.  "I yike turkey".
Drago chuckled, tickling her chin gently. The small hatchling giggled, playfully pushing his claw away.
"I think it'll be nice for a change". Drago looked behind him, toward their porch.
Dan followed his gaze, his eyes landing on Wyvern. She was leaning on the railing, staring out at the city bellow.
Dan still had to do a double take in order to recognize her. The Dark One's powers caused her to evolve, transforming her into a more humanoid form like Drago. She was delicate and feminine, with soft curves and elegant features that drew much attention from bakugan and human alike.
Her wings were folded neatly behind her, soft bright blue and violet highlights sparkling across the thick membranes of her wings. 
"How is she?" Dan asked quietly.
Drago sighed, turning back to him. "She's adapting". Drago hesitated, glancing over his shoulder to make sure Wavern was out of ear shot.
"It's...been rough. She had many nightmares, and she keeps walking into walls". 
 "What? Why?"
Drago covered Dawn's ears, much to the dragonet's dismay. "She... has a hard time adjusting to the realm of the living". His eyes reflected much sadness. "Sometimes she gets confused and still thinks she's a spirit.
"...Oh".
"But I'm getting better". Drago whirled around, seeing that Wyvern abandoned the porch to join them. She smiled, thick long lashes casting heavy shadows over her cheeks. Drago felt his knees buckle just by the mere sight of her.
He placed Dawn on the floor, coming toward her to take her talons in his. Wyvern stared down at their clasped hands, as if she still couldn't believe she could touch him.
"Hi Wyvern", Dan greeted sheepishly. "Would you like to come eat turkeys with us?"
Dawn shook with excitement, practically throwing herself at Wyvern's legs. "Please Mommy! It be fun!"
Wyvern chuckled, her laugh raw and scrapy, as if she hasn't laughed in a while.
Sorrow clenched Drago's heart in an iron grip. She probably hasn't. There was no joy in the shadow realm.
Wyvern tickled Dawn's chin with the tip of her tail. "Well I can't say no to that cute little face".
Dawn beamed at her, her eyes shining with joy.
Wyvern turned to Dan. "Where were you thinking of having this dinner?"
He glanced at Drago.
Drago sighed. "I don't know if my old home is a good idea. I haven't been there in ages. It'll take a long time to clean and set everything up. Why not here?"
Dan shook his head. "Besides the council room, there isn't a space large enough to host everyone, unless you want to set up tables and dishes in bakugan interspace, but that's awkward". He scrunched his forehead, thinking. 
Wyvern knew Drago wouldn't like this idea, but this might be the perfect chance to make amends. She let go of Drago's hand and instead gripped his forearms, guiding him to wrap his arms around her middle. Drago complied, wrapping them tightly around her waist. After a moment, he placed his chin on her shoulder, his eyes soft. 
"Why don't we ask Apollo?" She suggested. "From what I heard, he recently redid his garden, and the weather in Vestroia is warm this time of year". 
As she expected, Drago went rigid, yet Dan didn't seem to notice as his eyes lit up with excitement. "That's perfect! Wyvern you're a genius!" 
"I'm not sure -" Drago started, but it was too late. Dawn's eyes lit up with excitement. "We get to see Apollo and Ozzie?!"
Drago's eyes widened, his arms stiff around her. Wyvern leaned into him, trying to calm his spiraling thoughts with the contact of her skin. 
Dan turned to Drago, his eyes shining. "Can you please ask Apollo? Tell him we'll come a few hours before to help set up". 
Drago was going to refuse, Wyvern felt it. He opened his mouth to decline politely, but one look at Dawn's happy expression made him change his mind. 
He let out a long suffering sigh. "Fine". 
"YES!" Dan and Dawn roared at the same time. Dan ran out of the room to report to the others, while Dawn ran to find Hope ( she was in the kitchen, eating breakfast, again). 
Drago and Wyvern were left alone in the living room, wrapped around each other. She could feel Drago wanted to speak, so she waited, silently, as he gathered his thoughts. 
"I don't like this", he stated finally. 
Wyvern rested the back of her head against his chest, letting his warmth soak into her scales. 
"Not because of Apollo, I'm hoping". 
Drago snorted. "Nah. Apollo has always wanted to host everyone for dinner, especially now that his garden is redone". His smile fell, morphing into a frown. "It's not him I'm worried about". 
Wyvern closed her eyes. "Salamander, I'm not going to pretend to understand, but you need to get over your feud with Asmodeus. If not for you, than for Apollo's sake". 
She expected him to protest, but instead, he only sighed. "You"re right, as usual". 
"Than what's stopping you?"
Drago was quiet for a few moments. "I don't want to talk about it". 
"It might make you feel better". 
"I know, I'm just...not ready yet". 
Wyvern closed her eyes. It would be so much easier if they were just honest with each other, but...she guessed they both had burdens to carry. She definitely didn't want to weigh down Drago with hers. Even though...she felt like it may be already too late. 
She turned in his arms, until she was facing him. Tilting her head back, she gently pressed her muzzle to his in a soft kiss. Drago sighed into her lips, his talons reaching to cup her face. 
Wyvern wished she could take away the years of turmoil that followed her death. She wished she could take away his sorrow, his pain, his guilt, but Wyvern had her own demons to fight, and even though they promised to face everything together, some promises were meant to be broken.