Heroic Start

I still don't know if I need a disclaimer about how I don't own MHA in every chapter, so I'll just be safe and remind you all.

Knock knock knock

At the sound of knuckles hitting the door Inko got up and ran over to the entryway. Ever since the good detective had told her about Izuku registering for the entrance exam she had been nervously waiting for this exact moment.

Her hand, shaking like crazy, wrapped around the doorknob and pulled. As soon as it was open wide enough for a person to get through she felt arms wrap around her. There wasn't a chance for her to react in any way.

"I'm so, so, so sorry Mom. I'm sorry I left with just a note. I'm sorry I never visited. I'm sorry I never called and only left a second note. I'm sorry for everything," Izuku remorsefully wept.

Inko, on the other hand, was left speechless. She had prepared for this all day, yet now she didn't know how to respond, other than wrapping her son in her arms.

"It's okay Izuku, it's okay. You're back, and that's all I care about. We can talk about it later, but for now I'm just glad you're back."

Detective Tsukauchi left without either of them noticing. He himself had been rather moved by the display, and decided to come back in a day or two to check up on Izuku and his mother.

Many minutes later the two finally separated, wet streaks running down both their faces.

"Look at you, you've filled out so much!" Inko commented once she finally got a look at Izuku.

"Yep. And you've been told about my participation at the entrance exam?" he asked.

"Yes I have, and I'm so proud of you," Inko offered. "I just wish you would have said something, anything, before you left."

"I wish I could have too, but...he...told me not to tell anyone," Izuku replied.

"Whoever 'he' is may have, but still..." She looked down upon saying that.

"Don't worry. I'm perfectly fine," he assured her. The two were left in awkward silence until Inko made took the initiative.

"Well, your room is just how you left it. It's been pretty lonely here without you," Inko stated. Izuku nodded and walked down the halls he had not seen in so long. Everything was more or less the way he remembered it.

Just walking into his room was like a full nostalgia trip. The All Might figurines and posters were exactly where he had left each and every one of them. A few were picked up and examined before being placed back down.

The bed could have been made this morning as far as he knew, and the laptop screen appeared freshly dusted as well. The books on his shelves were in equally good condition.

'Really kept the place well kept,' he thought to himself. He slid his bag under his bed and pulled the Kusari-fundo from under his shirt and slid it under the bed as well. He then flopped onto the bed and almost jumped off due to how far he sunk in. Months of sleeping on an uncompromising floor had definitely left an influence on him.

Instead of trying again he laid down on the floor and found it much more...comforting. Not physically, but more just because it was closer to what he was so used to. The carpeting did make it pleasantly softer though. Maybe he could replace the bed with a futon.

He would have to think about it later, as he fell asleep on the floor from the effort of the exam.

(Meanwhile at UA)