Reunion

The trip back home was eventful, to put it mildly. Every other person he passed either congratulated him on coming in second or stopped him to ask a bunch of questions. Then, when he got home, there was his mother.

"Are you okay? That was a scary hit you took. Is it really healed over or just numbed?" Inko caringly yet frantically asked while parting through his green hair. Of course, he understood her concern. She had seen him barely maintain consciousness in the end of his match with Todoroki, which must have looked pretty intense to the viewers.

"It's fine, I promise. Recovery Girl knows what she's doing, but I'll still ice it if it makes you feel better," he offered, which got her off his back long enough to grab an ice pack from the freezer.

"But all things considered, how did you like the festival?"

"It was so exciting, I passed out at least once. You did amazing in the preliminaries!"

"Thanks. I'm glad you had fun. I'm pretty tired, so I think I'll head to bed early. See you tomorrow."

With a quick hug the teen entered his room and wrapped himself up in the blankets on the floor. All things considered; he was more than pleased with how things turned out.

The days passed and the day when school resumed had arrived. Whether or not the gloomy rain was a foreshadowing or not, Izuku didn't know.

"Midoriya! You must hurry if you want to be at school with time to spare!"

He could already tell the one calling him from behind was Iida, and didn't bother to turn around before the poncho-clad teen passed him. He did pick up the pace though, as sparing himself one of Iida's lectures was preferable to walking at his own pace and showing up barely on time.

Although, he couldn't help but notice Iida's attitude. Closer inspection confirmed his suspicions that he was forcing his regular demeanor instead of just letting it happen.

Not that it should have been too surprising, given the news report that came out shortly after the sports festival.

"Iida? I hope your brother's okay. I heard about what happened."

"Thank you for your concern. He is alive, but I am afraid I cannot give you any inside details out of privacy."

"I understand. I'm content with knowing he's well enough."

The two entered the classroom and took their respective seats.

The talk of the class had become the popularity all of them had been thrown into after the event. Most of the others had similar experiences to Izuku regarding fans, with a few deviations from the norm.

"Morning," Aizawa greeted as he opened the door.

"Good morning!"

"I'll get straight to it; you're coming up with your hero names today. But first, many of you have been offered drafts by several agencies." A remote was produced and with the press of a button, a holographic screen appeared with names and numbers.

Todoroki and Bakugo each had over three thousand offers each. Izuku had over one and a half thousand himself, but the numbers dropped to below five hundred each from there.

"If Todoroki came in third, why does he have more offers than Bakugo and Midoriya?" Jiro asked after a quiet complaint from Kaminari.

"My guess is it's because Bakugo was overly aggressive and Midoriya prodded Todoroki and gave up the win," Sero suggested.

"And Todoroki is Endeavor's son, so he's already more well-known," Kirishima added.

"Keep in mind that just because you didn't have offers, you will still have internships. But back to hero names. Midnight will help you with those," he offered, and the woman herself entered the classroom and took the podium.