Learning Some New Ropes

A/n: Still don't own MHA

The teachers had thought long and hard about their next move. Criticism was coming from all directions about how the attack on the USJ could have been avoided. The teachers knew most of the "suggestions" from outside parties were easier said than done. After hours of discussions, they finally agreed on resuming classes the fourth day after the attack. The campus was kept open for students and employees, but additional searches and scans were quickly put into place until the sensors could be updated to prevent jamming again.

Izuku learned the hard way that getting patted down in front of his friends was not an entirely pleasant experience, but it was one the others would have to share as well.

"Tell me again, why are we here on a day off?" Mina asked as the four students traversed the halls.

"All I said was I needed to check on something before our lesson today, and something got caught up in translation to 'we should stop by the school together'," Izuku replied. He came to the large doors and knocked, expecting Power Loader or Mei to answer. Instead, the door was opened by someone he had yet to meet.

"Hey, what's up?" the boy asked.

"I'm just here to see if a request has come through. Is Mei in?" Midoriya answered.

"When isn't she?" the teen laughed under his breath. He made way for the four to enter before letting the door close behind him. The pink-haired girl was ever so dutifully working at her desk, and two other students from the support classes were present.

Izuku walked up to the inventor, who was working on another new project. Iida, Ochaco and Mina looked around the room, taking in the many projects that had been pulled out to be worked on.

"Hey Mei, just checking in to see if the glove is done." A glance over her shoulder revealed her new baby to be some kind of... well, he didn't know.

"I just finished it a few hours ago, here you go!" she offered. The glove had been stored inside one of the drawers. Most of the design was the same as before the changes, but there were noticeable differences. Many small vent-like structures had been attached to the back of the palm, and the cuff of the glove was larger than before. The color scheme had also been changed from an egg-white to black with dark green highlights.

"So, the compressors along the wrist store up air in a fashion similar to a ball pushing against a spring. When you flick your finger, the vents along whichever finger you use direct all the air through that one path. You can use it as quickly as you want, but the optimal use is about one flick every ten seconds. I already tested it myself, so I can tell that you should be ready for some recoil," Mei explained.

Izuku put on the glove and wriggled his fingers.

"Can I still use my hand in a fight or would that damage inner workings?"

"As long as you don't take too many hits to the wrist you should be fine. But I have the blueprints updated so I can make any repairs if needed."

"Thanks again Mei. Any news about my uniform?"

"Not to my knowledge, but that's Power Loader's job. Like I said, Aizawa will pass along the message when it's ready."

"Okay. See you. Have a good day," he said as he departed. The support class student waved before returning to her work.

"Wow, what's that?" Ochaco asked. Her eyes were glued on the new glove.

"It's something I asked her to modify when we designed my costume. It's launches air bullets so I can fall back on a type of long-range attack if necessary."