Truth Be Told...

The ride took over three hours. Three short, fleeting hours. The station came into view, and another car was waiting outside. When Izuku and Tsukauchi emerged, Inko rushed out of the car and ran to her son.

"Izuku! Are you okay? I heard you and your friend were attacked!" She pulled him into a tight hug that he returned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You've had to ask that a lot though recently, haven't you?"

"With all due respect, we must take him in for questioning. He has requested that you be present."

Tsukauchi led the Midoriyas into the building, where he took them through halls and passages until he walked into a questioning room. Unlike in the movies, it was pretty well lit, and the walls were a bright shade of blue that gave off a friendlier feel than typical movie scenes.

"Please, sit down. There's a lot to discuss, and I'm sure we all want to get this over with."

No cuffs or ropes were used to bind Izuku to the table, but two armed guards stood right outside the door. Not that he had any intentions of fighting right now.

"I'll be straightforward with you, Native and Tenya Iida reported you and Stain addressing each other like comrades, or a with teacher-student attitude. More so, there were apparent mentions of you two personally knowing each other. Are these true?"

Inko just started at her boy disbelievingly, and Izuku sighed, not able to look his mom in the eyes.

"Yes. When I went missing a while ago, I left with him. And before you ask any more questions, I'll save you the trouble. He saved me from the sludge villain that attacked Katsuki Bakugo that one day, and we ended up speaking. He evidently saw something in me. I guess potential is the right term. He offered to train me to be strong."

Slowly, Izuku reached out and gently grabbed his mother's hands, still not looking her in the eye.

"I wanted to turn him in. I know I should have turned him in. I had opportunity after opportunity, yet I did nothing. Instead, I left you behind for the chance to be something more than the helpless boy I used to be. I never gave a good apology, and nothing I say can excuse what I did to you, but I am so, so sorry for what I did. And I'm sorry for what I'm doing to you now. I know you've always seen me as a sweet, little boy, but the truth is I'm just not that same kid anymore."

"But, why? Why did you go with him, of all people?" Inko begged.

"I-I don't know. He was willing to take a risk that no one else would consider. He gave me the strength to become something. He's the reason I was able to get into UA in the first place."

"Izuku, what exactly did you do under his training?" the detective asked, jotting down notes from the boy's interactions with his mother.

"It was mainly learning different types of combat, stealth, and a few other things. I know what you're trying to ask, and the answer is no. He showed me how to kill someone if I needed to, but he never actually had me kill anybody. I'm not a murderer, nor have I attacked anyone besides two men that attempted to mug a woman on the streets. And even then, I didn't physically hurt them. I just gave them a really bad scare."

"Is there anything else we should know?" Tsukauchi questioned. Izuku thought about it, and a few details came to mind.

"He had a hangout or base or whatever you want to call it just by the outskirts, where there's almost never anyone else. He also went into public a lot. Much more than I expected, and he used simple disguises, like baseball caps and medical masks. He wasn't always like the man you hear about in the stories and reports. He was actually calm and collected more often than not, to the point of being friendly at times. It was weird in the beginning, but I got used to being around him after a while because of his calmer demeanor."