The Next Day

Welcome back to another chapter of a fanfic based on a series that I don't own.

"Wow, it's really busy, isn't it?" Ochaco asked as she and her usual friends found some seats in the cafeteria.

"Of course. The management and support courses have lunch at the same time we do," Iida explained.

The two looked at Izuku, who was staring contemplatively at his lunch.

"Hey Midoriya? Are you okay?" the speedy teen asked.

"I guess. But I just don't think I'm the right choice," he started, earning confused stares from his friends. "I mean, maybe I am if three people voted for me, but I just feel like there should be a better choice than me."

"I'm not sure if I would go that far," Iida offered. "After all, I voted for you because I've seen you in action. You're a quick thinker and awfully persistent. You may come off as cold every now and then, but I'd be willing to bet you care about your classmates just as much as anyone else here. Barring Bakugo, of course."

"But, didn't you want to be the rep as well Iida?" Ochaco asked.

"Yes, I did, but I'm more than aware about how...off-putting I can be. I come on too strong in instances, like when someone simply sits on a desk, and other times I don't have faintest idea what to do. Besides, you're the one who went back for Uraraka and Aoyama at the entrance exam, not me."

"I guess that's one way to put it," Midoriya said through a mouthful of fish.

"I'm merely trying to explain why I think you're a better choice," Tenya replied.

"'Merely'? Are you some kind of rich kid Iida?" the girl next to him asked.

"It's not something that's overly fun to talk about, but I guess you could say so. You may know of my brother, Ingenium."

"You know, I should have seen that coming given both of your quirks are 'Engine'," Midoriya noted.

Half a second later an ear-piercing bell started ringing throughout the cafeteria, which was followed with an announcement.

"A Level 3 security breach has been detected. All students are to evacuate immediately."

Chaos descended like a curtain as everyone ran for the exit at the same time. No one could budge more than a few inches in the halls, and no one bothered to see who was intruding besides Iida.

'It's only the media?' he asked himself when h got a good look at the casually dressed people with large cameras outside. 'So that means this mass panic is pointless.'

"Everybody, there's no need to worry!" he shouted, only to be drowned out by the crowds pushing him against the windows.

"Iida!" a familiar voice called out, and his eyes fell on Ochaco, who was trying to regroup with him and a nowhere-to-be-seen Midoriya. An idea formed in his mind, and a good one at that.

"I need you to make me float!" he requested as he shuffled closer. She wriggled her arm free and the two reached as far as they could, finally meeting and letting her quirk take effect. Immediately he rose into the air and scanned for a good spot.

'I need to be in everyone's line of sight...' A perfect place caught his eye and he rolled up his pant legs to activate his engines. The uneven propulsion sent him forward with a constant spin until he finally hit the wall right above the exit.

"Everybody, calm down!" All at once the rumbling and pushing stopped as the students focused on the speaker. "Just look outside! It's only the press! We will all be fine, so let us proceed from here in a manner that fits the best of the best!"