Bringing The Pain

"Midoriya! Get down!" Iida shouted as he raced towards the creature. He prepared his legs to send a powerful kick at the thing, and cut through it like a knife through semi-soft butter.

Izuku hopped off moments before Iida's kick connected and landed on the ground with a graceful flip.

"They're made of dirt and soil. Probably Pixie-Bob's work; I know she has a similar quirk to Cementoss."

"Well, that just means we can deal with them faster," Todoroki declared as he and Bakugo double-teamed one of the other creatures.

"It also means Pixie-Bob can bring them back faster than we can take them down." As if to prove his point, three new creatures appeared, each bearing frightening claws and unique features ranging from tusks to wings to pointed scales.

"C'mon guys, we gotta keep pressing forward!"

The earthen creatures fell in large numbers, and rose again in equally large numbers. Many of the students were already starting to wear down, but others kept pushing like they had just started.

"Kaminari, save your lightning! Todoroki, see if you can't form a hall to keep them out!"

After giving the orders, Izuku rushed forward and sliced through the forearm of a new earth creature with his sword. A few swings of his chain lopped off large chunks from the sides and back until it crumbled into a harmless pile of soil.

"Don't think you're better at this than me, Deku!"

"Mina! I need some acid!" Yaoyorozu requested once a full-sized cannon was produced from her stomach. The pink-skinned girl threw a few globs into the cannon and watched as the acid-coated grapeshot tore through two monsters with grim efficiency.

"Iida! Remember that move in Hosu?" The teen grinned and stood still long enough for Midoriya to connect a chain to his right leg, then took off and spun like a cyclone. One creature that was too close was practically shredded by the spinning chain.

"Good one." Izuku recovered his weapon and the students continued pushing through the forest.

By the time they finally saw where they were staying through the trees it was way past lunchtime.

"It took you all long enough," Mandalay greeted as the teenagers emerged from the forest. To say they were in rough shape was an understatement. They looked like they had fought through hell and back.

"That was invigorating," Izuku muttered as he stretched his arms and shoulders.

"Man, I'm so hungry I could go back and eat one of those beasts," Kirishima complained.

"You know, when I said 'three hours', I was talking about how long it would have taken us," Mandalay said.

"However, you kids were much faster than I expected. You made quick work of my beasts," Pixie-Bob added with a stare at four of the students in particular.

"Especially the four of you," she said with a point at Iida, Todoroki, Midoriya, and Bakugo. "I take it you've learned from your own experiences in combat?"

"I suppose so. We have been through a few 'experiences', as you put them," Iida offered.

"It's just what I do," Izuku said with a shrug. "And he's just cranky in general," he added with a shrug aimed at Bakugo.

"Well, I'm sure you'll be great heroes when you're old enough. I can't wait to possibly team up with some of you! I bet we'll go on so many missions when you're older!" the light-blue clad hero sang as she began eagerly prancing in front of the four.