Hurt of the Past

A/N: Welcome back to another chapter! I hope you enjoy!

"And the first teams will be...". He reached into a box labeled "Hero" and one labeled "Villain".

"Uraraka and Midoriya as heroes against Bakugo and Iida as Villains!" he excitedly exclaimed upon reading the letters on both balls.

'You have got to be kidding me,' Izuku complained internally.

"As for everyone else, let us head to the monitor room!"

"Yes, sir!" all but four students shouted. Izuku spared a sideways glance at his opponent, who was giving him a full out "I will kill you" stare. Not one to be outdone, Izuku returned fire with his own glare. It wasn't an overly powerful or threatening one, but it was enough to momentarily shock Katsuki before he and Iida were told to prepare their defenses.

"Go all out; don't be afraid to get hurt. However, I will stop things should they get out of control," was All Might's last instruction. As if waiting for that very command, Bakugo shot one last glare at Izuku, who was too busy memorizing the floor plans to notice.

Tenya and Iida quickly walked up to the fifth floor and into the room All Might had told them to find the weapon in. "It's papier-mâché," Iida deduced after a few quick taps.

"Hey! You're sure Deku has a quirk?" Bakugo asked.

"Well, I can't honestly say. He did show exceptional speed, strength, and overall skill at the practical exam. Yet, there's nothing to guarantee he does have one, as anyone could just as easily get those abilities by working hard. If you truly believe he is quirkless, then I would assume the second option," Iida replied.

"But if I may, you seem to have a strong disliking for Midoriya. Is there anything I should know before the battle begins?" he asked.

"You don't need anything four eyes," he coldly retorted. Inside Katsuki's mind, both possibilities were being considered. True, there weren't many quirks that just gave mild boosts like Tenya suspected, and ten months was enough to put in extraordinary effort to gain muscle and skill.

"There's a lot to memorize in these floor plans," Ochaco muttered to her teammate. "But on a happier note, All Might is just like on TV, and no one is going to get punished, so I guess we can relax."

"No. We're up against Kacchan. And I'll bet Iida's good too," Izuku responded.

"Kacchan? Is that a name for Bakugo?" Ochaco asked.

"Oh, yeah, it's what I used to call him when we were kids. I thought I had broken the habit," Izuku replied, then examined the side of the building. There were a few open windows and fire escapes, and a plan started forming in his head. "Okay, I have an idea. Let me know what you think."

Two minutes later, All Might's voice echoed throughout the building. "Team A and Team D, begin!"

Ochaco and Izuku nodded at each other and went to the side of the building. After positioning themselves below a series of windows, Uraraka used her quirk to make herself float while Izuku walked up the fire escapes. Both climbed in a window at the second floor, and Izuku put on his hood and black lower half mask once inside.

"You look like a gang member. Or a hoodlum," Ochaco giggled, which earned a slightly amused look from her teammate.

"Blind spots are everywhere, so keep a constant eye on your surroundings," Izuku warned. He led his teammate down a maze of halls, careful to inspect each corner before turning. Several pages of his notes on indoor and tight space battles were rushing through his memory, along with many of Stain's teachings. They were about to reach another hall when something caught his ears.