Summer Camp, Here We Come!

"Congratulations, Midoriya," Todoroki offered at the green-haired teenager's return.

"Thanks. Same to you."

"I still can't believe they brought in Stain for a final exam," Kirishima muttered.

"Man, that was so intense!"

"I couldn't take my eyes off the screen!"

"Midoriya, you left these in the arena." Aizawa and Midnight stood behind Izuku and held out the gear he had discarded before the fight.

"He also told us to give you this," Midnight said. She held out the sword, still smeared with his dried blood.

Something clicked in Midoriya's mind when he took the blade. His blood had been on it since early on in the fight, and he had given Stain multiple opportunities to lick it. Yet he didn't; he fought Izuku head on, not once using his ability to paralyze his foe.

Was there a reason? Did Aizawa instruct him not to? Or did he choose not to of his own volition?

"Deku? Are you okay?"

Izuku snapped back to reality and placed the weapon on the ground.

"I'm fine. I just didn't understand something," he replied as he clipped the belt back around his waist and put the gear back on his uniform.

"Everyone, on the bus. We're heading back to the main campus," Aizawa ordered. The students and extra teachers found seats on the vehicle, which took off to UA.

"Well, I guess you'll have to fill us in when you all get back from camp," Kaminari disappointedly sighed.

"Yeah. Have fun," Mina said with a sad thumbs up.

"About that," Aizawa started, then stood up at the front of the bus. "Everyone was going to go, pass or fail. We just needed you to give it your all so we could get a better idea of your upper limits and capabilities. However, the five who failed will have to take extra lessons alongside the training camp."

The bus was silent for a brief moment, but everyone knew what was coming.

"Yeah! We get to go with you guys!"

"Awesome! I'm so pumped!"

"This's gonna be great!"

"Hey everyone! What if we meet up at the mall tomorrow and go shopping? We're free, after all!" Hagakure suggested.

By the time they got back to the room, everyone in the class was making a list of what to get at the mall and what they would need to pack for the week in the woods.

Yet again, Izuku needed to send his costume to be repaired and have the blood stains removed. He also requested an extra layer of armor to be added to his upper arms in a way that wouldn't limit his flexibility.

Anything not directly part of his costume was shoved into his bag, which he slung over his back and walked out with. On the way home, he picked up a small can of blonde hair spray and brown contact lenses.

Early in the next afternoon, sixteen students from UA had gathered by the main entrance of Kiyashi Ward mall.

"Who else is coming?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"Let's see, Todoroki said he wasn't going to make it, Deku isn't here, and Kirishima said he'd try to get Bakugo to change his mind about not coming."

"Hey, you're all that 1-A class, right?" a blonde boy excitedly asked as he approached the group.

"Yeah! It's nice to meet you," Jiro offered as the teen came face to face with some of the students.

"Wait, a few are missing. There's that kid with the pointy red hair, Bakugo as well, if I remember correctly and Todoroki and the green haired one. Where're they?"