14 « 𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙍𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨

𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 5: 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 1 « 𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙍𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨

word count: 2611 words

𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙡𝙮:

"𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘦. 𝘚𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳." 

𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭, 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘚𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘢𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦 𝘬𝘺𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘳𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘴𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘱𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺. 

 𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘚𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵, 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩. 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘵𝘰, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺. ⬿•˚∗

TIEs sped through the air, the sun setting on Lothal as a large dome of a building came into view, an AT-DP walker trudged at the bay of the centre, Imperial cadets walking past before the man in charge yelled out 'halt!', the group stopping instantly.

"Squad LRC-077 for your inspection, sir!" 

He told his superior, the spindly man on the platform above pacing back and forth before looking at the cadets.

"Cadets, you enter this facility as children." 

The man's cold eyes stared down at the boys, a control in his hands. 

"And in a few short weeks, you will leave as soldiers. By the time you leave your training, you will be prepared to serve your Emperor. Today, we will test your strength and resolve. Are you ready to become stormtroopers?"

The boys' voices rang together while they tensed up. 

"Sir, yes sir!"

"At ease," The spindly commandant nodded, a few of the boys taking off their helmets, and amongst them, was a familiar blue-eyed boy, who looked around cautiously as he took off his cadet helmet with red markings.

He stared into his helmet's visor, his mind so focused on the plan, that he didn't realise a voice calling out to him, and it wasn't long before he felt a hand being placed on his shoulder, pulling him out his train of thought.

"What?" He blinked cluelessly, looking at the source of the voice, a red-headed boy with brown eyes staring back at him.

"Dev Morgan, you in there?" The boy smirked, Ezra's eyes widening at the alias he was given by his crew.

"Oh... Yeah, Dev Morgan's in here alright," Ezra joked, shrugging his shoulders while looking into his helmet, unused to the alias he was given. 

"T-That's me."

"Wow..." the boy answered, teasing the blue-haired boy. "You must really be feeling the pressure."

Ezra picked up his joking tone, playing along with the red-head, elbowing his friend's chest.