- Chapter 19 -

The next day came by quickly for Cadáver. He followed his routine the moment Dave woke him up with his breakfast. Cadáver took his time eating it as he had something, or rather someone, on his mind.

"Could it have been that he was embarrassed, flustered?" Cadáver thought. Sykkuno had run away in such a hurry.

He feels lightheaded, so Cadáver gulps down his water all in one go. Afterwards, he puts the tray of his dirty dishes to the side and walks up to his closet. He puts on black trousers, a black waistcoat over top of a white shirt with french cuffs and polished dress shoes. His mother had gifted him them. He remembers he continuously got scolded for playing in the mud and getting them dirty.

Cadáver exited his room, taking notice of the loud creak his door was making. The hallways were ecstatic today. Maids and butlers were either cleaning or bringing breakfast to some other guests.

Dave informed him that he was excused from his classes today and was free to roam the property. He walked quickly, all with the intent to head straight to the medical wing. Once he opens the large wooden doors, he notices The Chief sleeping with her head on her desk.

Not wanting to disturb her sleep, he turns around to continue his search. But he felt a light tap on his back, to which he turns around once again. It was a young boy.

"Your Highness, how may I assist you?" he asks. "Ah, I'm looking for someone. He works here in the medical unit." Cadáver responds. The boy walks to The Chief's desk and looks through a stack of paper. He returns to the prince with a sheet in hand. "What's his name?" he asks. "Thomas." Cadáver states. "We have two Thomas' here. Could you give me his last name?"

"Uh, I don't actually know..."

The boy holds a face of boredom for a second and hands Cadáver the sheet of paper. "It contains information on their appearances, in case something happens." Cadáver doesn't question the ominous tone in the boy's voice and instead skims the sheet. One name is listed as Thomas Nox, and the other surprisingly has no last name listed.

Nox is described to have greenish eyes.

Cadáver stopped reading at the point.

Why would he forget the colour of Sykunno's eyes?

(literally, why?)

The prince memorizes the dorm number and hands the sheet back. "Thank you," he says. The boy nods and slips the sheet in its original place. By then, Cadáver is already out of the room and walking hastily towards Sykkuno's dorm. He doesn't pass by any representatives of the medical unit. It's quite early in the morning. Most of them must be preparing themselves for their first day of work. He found it surprising because the hallways by his room were never quiet for a second. Cadáver wonders what Sykkuno would be doing now.

He reaches the commons and quieting shuffles through. Then finally, he's face to face with the door of Sykkuno's dorm. Cadáver was debating whether or not to do it now. "I have to do it sooner or later. But should I have gotten him a gift perhaps?" he queries. Cadáver shakes his head and knocks on the door. He stands firm and taps again when he doesn't hear any movement from inside. After waiting for a few minutes, finally, some rustling was heard. He watches the doorknob rattle with anticipation, going over what he would say in his head over and over again.

The door opens and out peaks the boy whom he was looking for. "Corpse?" he says softly. "Hey," Cadáver responds, "Can we talk?"

◈◈◈

Sykkuno and Corpse sat side-by-side on one of the many sofas lining against the wall of the hallway. Corpse thought there would have been multiple people rushing through the halls, yet not a single soul was seen at the moment. "All my roommates were sleeping," Sykkuno said. "I thought everyone was busy getting ready." Corpse responds. "For what?"

"Did you forget?" Corpse snickers, hiding a smirk under his mask. "Wait, what?"

"Your first day working at the medical wing starts today."

Sykkuno's eyes widen as if he had an epiphany. "Oh, I had forgotten about that."

"How would you?"

"I guess I didn't get much sleep," Sykkuno said. "My mind was elsewhere." Corpse hums and returns to staring straight ahead at the wall in front of him.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asks. Sykkuno quickly shoots a look at the man beside him. "No, no, not at all."

"What happened then?"

Sykkuno sighed and shifted in his seat, placing his hands on his lap. "I don't really know. I felt like I would get too embarrassed to contiuning to talk to you... even now, I'm just-" Sykkuno stops, his eyes were darting in all places around the hallway, but they never landed on Corpse. "I'm sorry, Corpse." he finally replies. The prince stays silent, leaving Sykkuno in more and more suspense. "Please tell me he's not mad." Sykkuno prays.

"Sykkuno."

"Y-yes!?"

"You can call me Cadáver, you know," he says. Cadáver chuckles at the expression Sykkuno held. His eyebrows furrowed downwards, his lips pressed together, the way his eyes looked up at him. Cadáver chuckles. "Just not in public."

◈◈◈

Once Cadáver learned that Sykkuno was simply just flustered, he was filled with relief. The relief of knowing he hadn't done anything wrong. He would even label them official now, although he wasn't sure what Sykkuno thought about that.

Sykkuno had to leave in a hurry to prepare himself for the day at the medical wing, and Cadáver desperately craved to come with him. But although he was allowed to roam for the day, he knew it would be better to let everyone get settled. But, he has plans on visiting Sykkuno in more sneaky ways than one.

The only issue was his father. What would he think of him? Cadáver wouldn't allow his own dad, The King, to budge into his own love life. Emma was a great person, but Cadáver couldn't marry her. He couldn't think of anyone he would want to partner with.

"The only exception is him."

◈◈◈

So... another late update o-o

Let us converse children or something other than children 

If you could transfer yourself to any anime, show, or book etc. What would it be?

Have a good morning, afternoon, or night!

-fai