- Chapter 25 -

(Massive thanks to CofeeBea for helping me come up with ideas for the uniforms! (like really)

"Where are you going?" Nox asked. "I'm going to collect herb samples in Ambrose," Sykkuno responded. After Ludwig informed him of his trip to the city, he began packing his clothes and necessities.

"Oh, by the way, our uniforms came in."

"Really?"

"Yeah, and don't worry, I got yours for you." Nox hastily leaves the room.

He returns with a brown mailbag slung over his shoulder, and in his hands were a white outfit and a pair of black shoes. "Here, you can wear it when you get to Ambrose!"

Sykkuno takes the uniform into his hands, feeling the soft texture of silk. The outfit was knee-length but also came with white pants. Below the collar, there were two rows of buttons scaled down the front. There is an embroidered crest shaped like a cross in navy blue on both the front and the back.

"I've never worn something like this before. It looks great!" Sykkuno exclaimed. "For sure, it's so soft..." Nox cooed. Sykkuno neatly folds the outfit and places it on his bed. "What about the mailbag? You gotta take it with you."

"Hm, you're right." Sykkuno pondered for a moment, "I'll have to take multiple bags with me. But who knows, maybe I can stuff the mailbag into my own."

"Yeah, it does look small enough. I guess you can figure it out later." Nox says. "Also, you gotta bring me back a souvenir!"

Sykkuno giggles, "Sure, what do you want?"

"Soap."

"Soap?"

"Ambrose has some really nice soaps, don't judge me."

"Alright, do you have any skin allergies?"

"Nah, buy whatever."

Sykkuno nods as he finishes packing up. "I'm all done here," he mumbles. "I'll go pick up Bimbus from the lobby. He needs his daily walk."

Nox and Sykkuno say their goodbyes and leave.

In the lobby, Bimbus was napping beside the cat, Bingus. Sykkuno watched as he felt his heart practically burst. It was cute. "Ahhh, I'm sorry, Bimbus." the boy whines, pulling the puppy into his arms away from his newly made cat friend. "I promise I'll let you see Bingus later, ok?"

◈◈◈

Sykkuno and Bimbus walked in town along the sidewalks. He feels nostalgic, especially since it's felt like years since he's been away from the castle. "Should I check up on everyone? I did say I would talk to Leslie about Nox. I'll head there first!" Sykkuno plans.

He walks inside the animal shelter and is immediately greeted by Leslie. "Hey, Sykkuno! What's up?" she piped. "I'm good. I just wanted to talk to you about something," Sykuno replies.

Leslie leans against the counters with her chin resting on the palms of her hands.

"I have a friend. He's an herbalist and is obsessed with animals. He has some experience with creating special medications for them, so I was wondering-"

"Say no more. Tell your friend he's welcome to come to help out here anytime!"

Sykkuno nods in thanks, "I'll make sure to tell him."

However, the boy shudders when he feels something rub against his ankles. It was soft, but it wasn't Bimbus. Sykkuno looked down to see a small white cat with a brown eye and the other blue, who began meowing loudly. "That's Sock," Leslie says, "He's kinda annoying, but Edison and I still love him."