- Chapter 33 -

Poorly proofread since this story is starting to suck 

Sykkuno spilled. He couldn't stop the words flowing out of his mouth. It was an issue he had. Most of the time, he speaks his mind even if what he's saying is something dull.

Asher listening attentively and agreed to keep quiet. Although, he looked like he wanted to ask millions of questions.

Sykkuno stood up and walked up to the door to his room. "I'll just have a short rest, ok?" A rest from a short encounter that he'll never rid from his head and his heart.

Asher nodded and grabbed a book to read, his face still stunned.

Sykkuno walked into his room and flopped down onto the bed, "Well, that was a bust." he thought, wrapping himself under the covers. He allows his eyes to close while he snores softly.

"Today sucked."

◈◈◈

Cadáver spent time in the library. He held a book although he wasn't reading.

Cadáver was skimming through the pages to kill time. Emma was having a chat with her parents while he got instructed to stay out of it. He groaned and leaned back. "I wanna see Thomas." It had only been a couple of hours, and The Prince is troubled. There was only one thought orbiting his head, "How is he?"

He sat up and walked to place the novel back on the shelf. Then, a woman approached him. "Your Majesty." she bows. "Afternoon to you," Corpse responds. "I am Gertrude, a current guide for the visiting herbalists from Offpire. Surely you have heard."

"Ah, yes. I have."

"Well, I have a small request to make."

Corpse nods attentively.

Gertrude pulls a letter out from her pocket with a green wax seal. "Would you please give this to the herbalist known as Thomas?"

Corpse slides the paper into his hands and brushes his fingers across the seal. "Of course, I presume you are busy."

"Very much so." Gertrude answers. "Thank you tremendously." she bows and turns away, walking out of the library.

Corpse takes another look at the letter. "What would Gertrude want to say to Thomas?"

After bidding the librarian a goodbye, he too leaves the library. He walks calmly through the halls, hearing the greetings from both housemaids and stewards.

Cadáver would admit, he had thought about what life would like for him if he was a commoner. The expectations when living in royalty are exceptionally high. He wouldn't forget how the stress caused him to curl up in the corner of his room, where he would cry until he fell asleep.

He shuddered at the memory.

Once he reached Thomas's dorm, he knocked on the door and waited. Soon enough, the doorknob clattered, and Asher opened it. "Yes?" he asks.

"Hey kid, where's Thomas?"

"Thomas went for a nap. Goodbye now." Asher began to shut the door, though Corpse stopped him and held the door open for himself. "It'll be quick. I have to drop something off."

Asher grumbled, "Fine." pointing towards Thomas's room before heading to his own.

Cadáver entered the bedroom and laid his eyes upon Thomas, who was sleeping soundly. He sat beside the boy and brushed some hair away from his forehead. His hand moved down to caress his flushed cheek, where he saw dried tears.