- Epilogue -

Sykkuno stepped out onto the porch, squinting his eyes at the morning sun. But not only was it sunshine, but the rain had come to seep into the land. With Bimbus by his side, Sykkuno stepped down onto the gravel path, now bordered with flowers he planted himself.

He looked back at the cottage, watching as Corpse followed him. It wasn't the dusty, grimy place anymore. The villa was snug, the ideal size for the two of them.

Corpse silently placed himself beside Sykkuno as they walked down the trail, neither shielding themselves from the rain.

They pass through the entrance, throwing a glance at the blacksmith where Rae used to live. The girl continued to be a part of the knights, claiming she would be the next Chief, and considering she's at the top of her class, that goal doesn't seem far off.

Toast, on the other hand, was aiming to become a detective. He became an intern where he's learning the tactics. Although, he was already experienced in this field.

The streets in town were quiet today. The couple could only hear their footsteps walking along the pavement, occasionally splashing into puddles. As they continued to walk, they noticed Ludwig standing outside of an empty townhouse.

"Ludwig!" Sykkuno called out. He runs over and skids to a stop, "Morning! What are you doing?" he asked.

Ludwig smiled proudly, "I'm starting up my bakery!"

"A bakery?"

"Mhm, I finally decided to take on my passion."

"Can you give us free stuff?"

Ludwig raised an eyebrow and grinned. "No."

Sykkuno sighed sadly and put on a face of mock misery. "Fair enough."

After bidding their goodbyes to the newly fledged baker, Corpse and Sykkuno watched Ludwig skip into the shop, twirling inside. The boys shrugged it off and continued forward. After Ludwig quit being a herbalist, Yvonne decided to take over. She studied all about the herbs she's collected and done frequent tests on their effects. Although, she stuck to staying at the pharmacy.

Edison, however, is currently on his honeymoon with Leslie. Their wedding was short, comprised of only close relatives and friends. Sykkuno created a bouquet of daffodils for Leslie, matching her pale-yellow gown. Which soon did get ruined when one of the dogs she was looking after came running with muddy paws.

Corpse and Sykkuno soon reached the castle, and the brunet took a deep breath in and out. After reading the letter from Gertrude, he planned a meeting with her in the palace. Corpse rubbed the other's back to soothe him. "I'll wait out here for you," he said. Sykkuno nodded and ran up to the front gates.

"Good morning Sykkuno!" he heard one of the guards yell. Peter and Abe were waving at him, beckoning him towards them. "Hey, guys,"

"Sykkuno, you know Nox, right?" Abe asked. "Yeah, unfortunately."

"That guy's a jerk," Peter said.

"True, he's kinda hot though." Abe chuckled. He looked around awkwardly, "I'm kidding."

"Anyway, Nox got, um... fired?" Peter revealed. "I think I should word it that way."

Abe agreed, "Yup, afterwards he went sprinting away."

"To where?" Sykkuno wondered. The guards shrugged. "Don't care." Abe deadpanned.

The boy giggled and went through the gates, running to the front entrance. He continued to work in the palace as a Court Herbalist. If he didn't, Sykkuno wouldn't be able to get his hands on all the best equipment. Corpse decided he would work in the palace likewise, but not in the way people thought. The boy had a passion for music. He never displayed it often, so he took the chance to create songs using the palace instruments.