- Chapter 32 -

Corpse raced through the halls towards the medical wing. Emma was back in the dining hall with her parents, waiting while he went to get Sykkuno.

When Corpse threw open the doors, Sykkuno flinched and dropped a stack of books. Other herbalists gasped and shuffled away at the sight of The Prince.

"Thomas." Corpse starts, "Please, come with me. I request your assistance."

Sykkuno nods and walks alongside Corpse. He catches sight of Asher with an annoyed look.

Once the two of them reach a private area, Corpse flings his head to look at the other. Sykkuno was scared at the fear and vigilance in his lover's expression. "Thomas, listen to me. Emma and I started talking to The King and Queen and-" he takes a breath, "it's not going so well. We need you to talk to them."

"Me?!" Thomas yelps, "What could I do?"

"I don't know. It's just your mother asked for you so-"

"Okay, I'll do it," Thomas reassures, "Calm down, I'll convince them."

Cadáver nods slowly and leads Thomas to the dining hall. Soon enough, they are both face-to-face with the door. The door separating the doom there could potentially be. "I haven't seen them in so long..." Thomas mumbles. Cadáver holds him close, "Emma will be there with you. Besides, you're their son." Thomas nods and stands tall, "Thanks."

"Anytime."

The boy opens the door, where his Father and Mother wait for him. Corpse decides to stay behind outside to give the family their private space.

His mother holds a face of sympathy and longing, while his father holds onto confusion and fury.

"Thomas." The Queen whispers. "You're back."

Sykkuno says nothing and stands beside his sister.

It was only until now that he realized she was taller than him. Although she was only about an inch greater, he'd never recognized.

"Tell them, Thomas," Emma says. "Tell them." Emma was acting differently than usual. It was like this meant a great deal to her despite her lack of knowledge about The Anchors.

He looks at her and back at his parents, specifically his mother. "Thomas..."

"Why did you think I came back?" he bellows. "Why would I come back to this awful place without a tangible reason?"

"You came here as an herbalist for your work-" his mother answers.

"No. I would never come back here, even for work." Sykkuno glares at his father, "Do you want to guess why?"

His father glares back, but not with the same anger.

"I came back to benefit a revolt which I believe is doing the right thing. I'm making my own choice in this situation. Is that surprising?"

His father grumbles, his eyebrows furrowing and fists clenching.

"Listen here, boy." his father stands. "You are going to go back to that medical wing, pack your things, and leave once and for all. Seeing your face makes me want to gag."

"As for this business with your accusations of raids, consider me unconvinced. You are simply a foolish child that has an everlasting desire for recognition."

"If that's the case, whom do you think I learned it from?" Sykkuno walked up to his father, who was standing with a slight hunch. "You are the wicked and shameful fool."

He looks back in between his parents and takes notice of his mother's silence. "My mother wouldn't say silent about this," he says to her.

The Queen stiffens but continues her quietness.

"It's fine if you don't believe us. Soon enough, Offpire will have the endowment to raid you too. When that happens, you and everybody else here will end up with nothing."

Sykkuno turns to Emma, "There's no need to bother. Thank you for your help, sister."

With a huff, Sykkuno walks through the doors while his parents didn't even try to call for him. They just let him leave again.

They never change.

"Thomas?" Cadáver asks softly.

"Oh, hi-"

"How'd it go? You weren't in there for very long."

"Not very well," Thomas answers, beginning to walk back with Cadáver. "I just starting ranting like a mad man. I didn't even speak much about the raids."

"Will Emma be able to handle it?"

At that moment, the two boys heard rapid footsteps behind them. "Thomas!" Emma called. "Emma? What's wrong?"

"Good news," she heaves, "Mother and Father said they are going to look into it further."

"Really?" Sykkuno asked in disbelief. "I would expect after insulting The King they would throw the whole idea away."

Corpse turns to look skeptically at Sykkuno, "You insulted The-"

"Apparently not." Emma starts while beginning to walk with them. "Also, the look on father's face was ludicrous. You should have seen it!" she snickers.

Sykkuno and Corpse laugh with her. The conversation with his parents was quick and messy. Neither success nor failure. They could only wait in expectation. However, it could have gone worse.

The three of them considered it to be a victory of some sort, and that was enough, hopefully.

◈◈◈

Emma left for her room. She insisted she keeps the hit-list safe. She seemed rather giddy despite the plan going to almost absolute crap.

Cadáver decides to walk Thomas to his room. But he drooped and avoided eye contact.

"What's wrong?" Thomas asked.

"I was hoping we could spend more time together here. Soon enough, you'll get sent back to Offpire, and I'll have to wait to see you again."

"I won't be separated from you forever."

"Yeah. I know."

Once they reach the guest room, Thomas hesitates to knock. "I have a strange feeling Asher is going to be furious after I tell him I have to leave." Thomas chuckles.

Cadáver stands to the side, moping while Thomas tilts his head and smirks. He stands on his tiptoes and lays a kiss on The Prince's forehead.

"I promise, as soon as we see each other again, we can hang out, like usual."

"Good." Cadáver smiles. "I was hoping you would say that."

◈◈◈

Once Cadáver left, Thomas peeked through the door to the guest room. "Asher?" he called out, closing the door behind him.

"Hey." Asher glanced up meekly from the sofa. "Where were you?" he asked.

"Oh, The Prince just commissioned me to create some medicine," Sykkuno explains, sitting down beside the boy. "I also got a letter from The Chief informing me that she needs my help and that I need to come back sooner than expected."

Asher looks at his feet. "Can you tell me the truth?"

Sykkuno's breath hitches. "The truth about what?"

"Why The Prince came for you."

"I just told you-"

"At first, I thought he was grabbing you to do romantic things that couples do, but then I saw his face. The Prince was disturbed by something."

Asher turns to look at the older. "So tell me, what's going on?"

◈◈◈

heyo people, how r you?

QUESTIONSSSSSSSSS: What do you hope the next generation will be like?

Have a good morning, afternoon or night!

-fai

P.S I WILL PUT MORE ROMANCE SCENES IN LEMME BUILD SOME STOOF UP FIRST THEN Y'ALL WIlL GET UR FOOD 😫