- Chapter 34 -

Days had passed, and Corpse returned. Thomas talked to him as soon as he arrived. Ambrose's Royal Family would be having a chat with Offpire about "supposed alligations."

Corpse would be there, and so would Emma. Sykkuno, however, had to stay on the sidelines for this one.

He hadn't touched the letter Gertrude had sent to him. Sykkuno had always told himself to read it later, but he just left it alone. Although, he had been carrying it in his bag.

Other than that, things had been going well. Sykkuno received his paycheck and bought some food and spare clothing. While walking down the street back towards the castle, he took notice of a specific booth.

It sold a sparkly purple-blue stone necklace. "Oh! I remember this!" Sykkuno recalled when he and Corpse went out in winter for some food and stumbled upon the shop. He gazed at the piece of jewelry, and the clerk took notice. "Find something interesting?" she asked. "Just the necklace. I might come back to buy it another time."

"I see. Well, I can hold onto it for you until then!"

"Really?"

"Sure! Besides, I can always make more."

"Make?"

"Mhm, I know how to create jewelry and clothing."

"That's so cool! I'm not the best at sewing and whatnot."

She giggles, "You seem cool. What's your name?" The lady asked.

"Oh, uh. I'm Sykkuno!"

"Nice to meet you. You can call me Poki."

◈◈◈

Corpse shivered when he saw The King and Queen of Ambrose pull up outside in their carriage. He was watching from a window on the higher floors.

Several guards escorted Emma and her parents.

Corpse finds it hard to realize that without Emma's help in convincing her parents, they wouldn't be in this situation now. It was true that he and Sykkuno helped along as well. But most of the credit is given to her. Especially since her father was throwing her angry side glances, it was clear as day he found this a waste of time. The Queen, however, seemed more worried than annoyed. Corpse couldn't blame her.

The meeting was going to be a long and torturous discussion. It could finish quickly if Corpse's father admits his wrongdoings. But even then, would he stop?

Corpse rushed down the stairs and stopped to wait and bow at the incoming family. "Thank you for coming." he greets. "My parents are waiting for you upstairs. Please, let me take you to them."

They follow Corpse up the carpet-covered staircase. He leads them to the door. It always feels like before Corpse enters a situation that could lead to either faulty or desirable outcomes, he is faced with a door first.

Corpse allows the guards standing on each side of the door to open it for him and the others. He felt the hairs on his neck stand when he sees his father staring menacingly at him.

"Welcome, please take a seat." The King of Offpire states. Everyone tucks themselves into a chair while Emma and Corpse stand beside each other by a wall.

"I've heard this is a serious matter, so, enlighten me." Corpse noticed his father seemed calm. Like he knew that no matter what, he would get out of this unscathed.

"Well, um, we've heard things." The Queen of Ambrose begins. "Please, dear, let me handle this." her husband interrupts. "Ah, of course."

Emma looked sharply at her father.