10 | Monologue

"You know kid, I don't hate you," Tony started, leaning back in the couch, crossing one of his legs over the other.

"I just didn't want all different people to get hurt," he continued, Peter sitting on the couch opposite him waiting for Y/N to finish training with Natasha.

"I guess now that you're in the middle of our family, you deserve to know what exactly our dynamic is. Of course you know Pep, my confidante, my firecracker, my everything. And you know Happy, obviously Head of Security at Stark, the be all and end all of knowing everything about everything. The Avengers, our extended family of, uh colleagues I guess? We're all tight knit you know that. And of course, Y/N; my miracle," he begun, not particularly giving Peter much eye contact, due to the sensitivity and complexity of the conversation, that Tony rarely had.

"You see Peter, Y/N didn't come from me," Tony chuckled, pointing to his crotch, making Peter interrupt suddenly.

"Mr. Stark I know that part, you uh, don't need to go into that" Peter stuttered.

"Y/N was the daughter of my former business partner when Stark was a weapons manufacturer, and after he died, she was left inside his house when it was destroyed, she was young, barely a year old. Legally pronounced brain dead for 72 hours, I did everything I could, praying for her to come out of her coma, she was in a makeshift hospital room in our home. She was alive, her body was in perfect shape, with just a tiny scratch, but her brain wasn't responsive like it should have been," he continued.

"My arc reactor kept me alive when I should have died, and I knew that if I could keep her alive in any way I could, then by god I would do anything in my power to do so. I felt responsible for her, I'd barely even met the kid but she deserved a better life than growing up knowing her father was a piece of shit, and I wanted to give her a life she enjoyed. Pepper, found out I couldn't have children several weeks before, and she felt this urge to protect Y/N during all of this as well. It was a crazy idea, but I built technology to basically power her brain with next level electro currents, kinda like how my arc reactor powers me - it's pretty advanced you wouldn't get it. You'd never notice, it's basically like a microchip under her hair, the size of my pinky nail - but it worked."

"She grew up like any other kid. I taught her how to play catch in the backyard between teaching her how to withstand being shot in a bulletproof vest, and she learnt fighting techniques with Natasha pretty much from age ten to protect herself. I still remember holding this tiny baby in my suit, her screaming and kicking until I retracted my helmet, she stopped as soon as she saw my face.. and she melted my heart Peter, she really did. She would crawl around following me, and squeal whenever I came into the room. I'd play Guitar Hero with her and Happy and she'd always pick the same bands I did, AC/DC, The Clash, you know, good rock. She made me soft Peter. And from that day I swore to protect her, I'd do anything to make sure nothing like this happened again. And no matter how many times she'll try and build her own makeshift suit and beg me to join our missions, I can't bring myself to expose her to that kind of danger" Tony finished, looking at Peter.

"She wants to fight with us?" Peter asked, cocking his head to the side.

"Yeah part of the uh, chip in her brain, means some of her senses are heightened. She has amazing aim, can't miss with her punches, can shoot a gun with perfect precision.. she even throws trash in the bin from the other side of the room," he chuckled, shaking his head.

"Sometimes I think she's better than Hawkeye and Black Widow combined," he whispered, winking at the fact he was probably biased to his daughter.

"She's super casual with it,  you'd never know she was like this.. just try throwing something at her and I bet shell just move slightly out of the way and play it off like she was lucky. I know she wants to help us, but I can't bring myself to let her" he states, sipping his drink and clinking the ice as he swirled it.

"And knowing you're Spider-Man will probably just encourage her to join us even more.. I want to keep things as seperate as I can. Except, you know your life as Peter Parker will change if you, date my daughter," he continued, obviously still uncomfortable with the idea they were crushing on each other.

"You'll be in the public eye, you'll be on each other's social media, people will associate you even more with the Stark family and god knows what college kids will do - girls will be all over you and I swear to god if you cheat on her I will destroy you" he warned, craning his head to the elevator that Y/N was exiting, covered in sweat with a gym towel around her shoulders.

"What are you two talking about?" She asked. Peter saying 'nothing' and Tony simply saying 'you' smugly. She sighed and got a glass of water from the kitchen.

"Seriously what were you guys talking about?" She asked.

"I was telling the kid that he can just call me Tony"