43 | S.H.I.E.L.D.

Heavy pounding echoed through the compounds halls as Tony put his drink down on a coaster. He sighed and looked over to Steve who was busy reading a book he had found on his patrol of the city, searching for food and supplies.

Since the Chituari invasion, the city was like a desolate wasteland, as if it were straight out of a movie. Majority of the city were evacuated or locked down inside their own homes with the government doing surveillance in the streets.

The footsteps woke Y/N from her sleep, rolling over and opening her eyes to see an empty bed; Bucky nowhere in sight. Maybe he left once she fell asleep last night, maybe he left early in the morning - regardless she was relieved to not have to face him this morning face to face.

He and a few of the Avengers were scheduled to dial into a call with Agent Coulson, Thor entering the room shortly after.

"Oh I was wondering where the elephant was but it was just you and your huge space boots... Must you really wear armour inside? We're on Earth now Point Break, put on a sweater or something,"

"I do not know of this Point Break is he a friend of yours?" Thor asked squinting slightly at Tony, confused by his cultural reference to Patrick Swayze.

"Gentleman, I thank you for your time today. I do wish to advise you that we have not yet found any new information on the Chitauri army, nor have we found the location of Loki," Coulson said into the camera, causing Tony to throw his hands up and laugh.

"Awesome, that's just great... S.H.I.E.L.D back at it again with their brilliant work of miracles. Thankyou, Captain Obvious for telling us shit we already know," Tony huffed, picking his drink up off the table and swirling the ice cubes around.

"Is there any sign of Parker? Have you seen anything leading to him still being alive? Maybe some rogue webs on buildings or something?" Nat asked, hoping to hear some form of good news from this call.

"Negative. We have only minimal teams going out each day to scope the city for evidence, we cannot risk sending people out. That includes you all, please do not roam the city unless there is an imminent attack, we do not wish to provoke the Chituari," Agent Coulson said before ending the call, thanking the heroes for their time.

"So what, we just sit here locked underground and wait for these creepy mother fuckers to come get us? I don't think so," Clint huffed.

Y/N shuffled out of bed to see the Avengers on a couch discussing the current state of emergency. She rubbed her eyes and yawned, asking what the latest update was.

"Nothing new, too dangerous for us to go out again so they want us down here unless there's an actual threat," Natasha said shrugging, looking at Tony's glass and cocking her head to the side.

"What? It's five o' clock somewhere," He said sipping the alcohol and clearing his throat. The bunker provided to them by S.H.I.E.L.D was large and well furnished, it felt like a dark dystopian hotel. Thor leant over the arm chair and quietly whispered to Steve, asking for 'Earth attire' which Steve nodded.

"You're taking fashion advice from Mr. All-American now? Jesus Christ help us all," Tony said rolling his eyes as Steve escorted Thor to a wardrobe in his room, knowing he would probably be the closest size to the god.

"You're drinking already? Why?" Y/N scoffed, reaching to take the glass out of her fathers hand but him dodging it and pushing her back with his foot.

"My wife is stuck at a S.H.I.E.L.D facility and I can't see her, I'm stuck underground and the world is ending... I don't think we need to stick to such conservative rules like no drinking before midday," Tony grinned, sipping his drink dramatically to make a point to his daughter.

Bucky walked out from a seperate wing of the compound, into the kitchen. Y/N watched him grab a glass of water and made eye contact with him as he glanced towards her.

It was strange. It wasn't as if she had any feelings towards him, she still loved Peter; but she was intrigued by the gentle man who spent the night in her bed to calm her down from night terrors, but blatantly flirt with her during the day.

He maintained eye contact with her whilst drinking from the glass, Y/N looking away shyly. Now that she knew he wasn't that much older than her; physically, she was all the more curious about him.

"So uh, what are we um, what are we supposed to do down here?" She asked, distracted by the intimate staring from Bucky and the fact her father was slowly becoming more intoxicated by the minute.

"Kick back and relax baby," Quill said dragging a table out of the elevator with Scott who was struggling to lift his side.

"What the fuck is that?" Clint scoffed, seeing the two men come back from a patrol early in the morning, supposedly going out to 'look for danger'.

"A ping pong table! If we're stuck down here we may as well have some fun together right?" Quill grinned, Scott holding up two paddles and smiling.

"We found shot glasses too. And some jolly ranchers, and a nerf gun, and a shit tonne of rubber bullets," Scott said pulling things out of his backpack. Nat got up off the couch briskly, snatching the packet of jolly ranchers from his hand and going to her room without so much as a word.

"Are you going to share those?!" Tony called out to the woman walking off, causing her to flip him off behind her and enter her room.

"They're right you know, if we can't fight, we may as well get used to each other's company," Sam said propping himself up to sit on the kitchen bench with a bowl of cereal.

"Did you offer anyone else cereal?" Bucky said quietly, watching him shovel spoonfuls of food into his mouth and respond with 'no' through a full mouth.

"Well, I guess considering we're scrounging for entertainment now, I'm going to get dressed and go find more stuff... Coulson could've decked this place out with a little more fun," Y/N sighed, looking at the professionally decorated compound.

Of course the compound was only built for emergencies, there was no need for entertainment other than a few holographic screens that Tony had managed to download Netflix onto.

"Not alone you're not kiddo, take Sam and Bucky with you," Steve said coming back into the room with a normally dressed Thor. His muscles were too big for the long sleeved shirt he was wearing but it was definitely flattering to Y/N.

She groaned, hating being treated like a kid by the group despite being nearly 22 years old. She slumped back to her room, throwing on a casual outfit and coming back out to meet Sam and Bucky. Sam was still eating cereal, having topped up his bowl for a second time as her and Bucky waited impatiently.

"Alright let's go," Sam muttered with his mouth still full, sliding off the kitchen bench and heading to the elevator which took them to ground level.

"What are we on the hunt for?" Bucky asked looking towards the two, looking around at the dark sky despite it being eleven in the morning.

"Something fun, Quill had the right idea bringing back the ping pong table," Y/N said spinning in a circle looking around at the street around her.

They managed to find various items for the compound, Sam and Bucky bringing back numerous bottles of alcohol, Y/N bringing back decor to make her room feel more lively. The compound was nice, but it wasn't at all homey. She also managed to find a packet of Twizzlers for Steve - his favourite.