44 | Bifrost

Loki stood over Peter as he slept, frustrated that he wouldn't wake up and hit his chest with his sceptre. He was perfectly put together in Asgardian dress, his hair styled and glaring at the now startled but disoriented boy.

"Dude! What was that for?" Peter groaned, sitting up and staring down at the sharp golden staff Loki had hit him with.

"We are leaving, prepare your things," Loki said bluntly, Peter asking him where they were going and smiling softly at the curled up cat asleep by his feet.

"To Alfheim, one of the nine realms and the last known access point to Asgard. It is guarded by a old and blind guardian sentry who controls who is or isn't allowed to enter," Loki explained, turning back towards the door with his dark cape swishing behind him.

Peter took a deep breath as he got out of bed, picking up his torn suit off the ground and scooping up the cat. Loki was standing at the elevator with his arms crossed by the time Peter had left the room, already impatient at the short amount of time Peter had taken.

They took the elevator back up to the roof of the skyscraper, a dark storm appearing in the clouds above them ominously. Peter looked at Loki concerned, but trusted him anyway; these gods knew what they were doing.

"This may make you feel nauseous but do not worry, it will subside once you accustom yourself to the atmospheric changes," Loki said placing his hand on Peter's shoulder as the younger of the two cradled the cat tightly.

He used dark magic to call upon the Bifrost, a stream of dimensional energy that would transport them to the realm they sought.

They travelled at the speed of light, Peter screaming as Loki closed his eyes peacefully and held onto him. The cat dug it's claws into Peter's chest, scrambling up his torso before floating above them, the three beings travelling to Alfheim.

Loki landed on his feet, holding his arm out and creating a force field like netting to catch Peter and the cat falling from the sky seconds later. After Loki made the net disappear, Peter fell several inches to the ground, groaning and screw-in up his face as he hit his tailbone.

"How did you land on your feet?!" Peter wailed, rolling over to his hands and knees to stand, stretching his back as he stood up straight.

"Because I, unlike you, travel via the Bifrost regularly," Loki said snapping his fingers towards the cat for it to follow him - which it did.

Peter followed behind the cloaked man closely, looking at the world around him in every direction possible. It was stunningly beautiful, leafy green and lush with waterfalls seemingly coming from the sky. The clouds were crisp and white, almost like a dreamscape. In the subtle wind were pink flower petals delicately twirling from nearby trees; it was beautiful.

"So you like, live here?" Peter asked in awe of the planet they were on, Loki walking down a bridge like structure towards a large central building.

"For now, Alfheim is home to the Light Elves, and before I was banished I ruled this realm also. Asgardians are on friendly terms with the inhabitants of Alfheim," Loki said smiling at a nearby guard, half his size and bowing at him.

Peter put his fist out to the small guard, welcoming him with a fist bump which the elvan man did not reciprocate. He bowed reluctantly, not knowing the customs of this race and jogged off to catch up with Loki.

Huge silver doors opened for the two men, doors bigger than Peter had ever seen before. They were multiple storeys tall and adorned with intricate carvings into the metal. He smiled looking up at the tall ceilings of the main hall they entered, Loki walking ahead and smiling towards the few elves inside.

The citizens of Alfheim did not know of Loki's recent banishment from Asgard, so they all treated him as the King they were used to, waiting on him hand and foot. Peter was still in shock having traveled via the Bifrost, being on a completely different planet and surrounded by miniature people.

A few of the female Light Elves giggled and blushed at the sight of Peter, obviously attracted to him and looking up at him as he was linked to their king. He waved and blushed back, not knowing why they were whispering or squealing amongst each other.

"If you would like to have any of them for the night, let me know and it will be arranged," Loki smirked, turning around to Peter and winking. His demeanour on Alfheim changed from when he was on Earth; he was nicer to Peter.

On Earth he was blunt, precise and almost cold around Peter. Yet in this realm that he was acquainted with, his cocky and confident persona came through.

"What do you mean by have one of th- Oh! No, no, that's okay I um, I have a girlfriend back home... I don't need to uh, borrow a person," Peter stuttered, surprised at the curly real differences here than on Earth. They bowed at the two men before scurrying off down the long marble corridor.

"Woah is that like, your throne? Can I sit in it?" Peter said walking up the large staircase to a glimmering throne before Loki stuck his sceptre to the side and blocked him.

"If you sit upon my throne, I will kill you boy," Loki said sternly, turning to him and smiling. "You need better attire, this will not suffice in our realms," Loki said looking Peter up and down. He clicked his fingers at a nearby elf, asking him to take Peter to guest chambers and prepare him in appropriate clothing.

He sat upon his throne, the cat jumping instinctively on his lap main g him sigh but give into its warm affection. He stroked it head softly as he smirked to himself that his plan was working faultlessly.

Loki knew that now he had gained Peter's trust, he was one step closer to ruling Asgard once more. It was true, he was banished from Asgard after conspiring with the Chitauri but he had figured out a way to reign once more.

With nobody ruling Asgard currently, the gates to the Bifrost were only accessible by Alfheim. And the guardian of Alfheim's Bifrost only accepted travellers with a pure soul.

Loki had tried numerous attempts to sneak past the guardian, yet failed time and time again due to his heart filled with dark intentions.

This is where Peter came in handy to the God of Mischief. You see, Peter was not left behind by the Avengers at random, not at all. Loki had controlled a large mass of Chitauri aliens to surround Peter and seperate him from his group in order for Loki to deceive him into an alliance. He was injured just enough to not be able to fight back, but not enough that it would be life threatening. When he awoken, Loki 'found' him and offered his help, which Peter was gullible enough to take without needing magic or deceit.

Loki's plan now, was to use Peter's purity to gain entrance to the Bifrost from Alfheim to Asgard, as their guardian was blind and would not be able to see Loki travel with Peter.

The Spider-Man walked out from a seperate wing of the fortress, dressed in god-like attire in a deep blue colour, playing with the shoulder padding as he followed two small elves.

"I feel ridiculous, do I look like Thor?" Peter joked, posing in Thor's typical position mockingly. Loki grinned at the sight of Peter blending in so well, clapping his hands together in glee.

"You look more powerful and regal than my brother could ever be," Loki smiled, putting his arm around the young man and squeezing him slightly.

"Tonight we feast! Fellow Light Elves, please welcome our newest saviour to the nine realms, Peter Son of Parker!" Loki continued, introducing him to the several groups of elves in the large citadel, Peter excitedly smiling.