33 | Broadcast

Ned was happy his best friend was back at college with him. Yes, he was also relieved Peter was alive and had helped save the city, but mostly he just wanted someone to sit with him during Physics lectures.

"Dude, so you basically left Harry Osborn in a burning building to die? That's so badass.. Did he have epic last words? Did you have epic last words? Oh man, imagine if they made a movie about you!" Ned whispered to Peter in the lecture hall, Peter staring ahead trying to understand what was happening since he had missed weeks of college.

"I- Ugh, I don't remember what I said to him I was angry and he was already dying, shut up," he responded writing notes frantically and scribbling diagrams across his notebook. The lecture was almost over when he got a message from Tony.

TONY
Where are you?

PETER
sorry at college

PETER
leaving now

PETER
sorry mr stark

PETER
i mean Tony

PETER
lemme get out of
this lecture first

PETER
ok im leaving

Peter quietly got out of his chair, hunched over as to not draw attention to himself. He slid his books into his backpack and asked Ned to send him the notes later that night. Ned and Peter did their secret handshake and Peter ducked out of the lecture hall as their professor was turned around.

He walked quickly through the halls of their college block, checking to see if anyone was around. The coast was clear. Peter slid into an empty room and pulled his suit out of his bag. Wriggling out of his pants he slipped his feet in each of the legs of his suit.

"God damn it," he muttered to himself, jumping to pull the tight suit to his waist. The mechanism that usually tightened his suit around him, for some reason had glitched lately - something to bring up with Y/N when he saw her.

The Avengers were having a conference, Tony leading it mainly to highlight Damage Control's success after the Osborn attacks, promote new technologies but also praise the incredible heroes that saved millions of lives. Tony loved this time of the year, it was his favourite occasion; better than Christmas or his own birthday.

PETER
ok now I'm leaving
for real this time

Peter gave up trying to put his suit on to swing to the convention, it would have been quicker but now he had to take the subway. He looked up at the doorframe when Flash cleared his throat, glaring at him. Peter's heart skipped a beat, fearful that Flash had seen who Spider-Man really was.

"God Parker, just when I thought you couldn't get more lame. You brought a Spider-Man costume to college? Jesus, don't tell me you fantasise about being an Avenger just cos you know the Starks," he sighed.

"You're the one who was watching me try and get changed you pervert," Peter retorted, pushing past Flash and walking down the corridor.

"Where's your girlfriend huh? Or was I right all along, you paid her to kiss you at that party," he mocked, calling out behind him.

Peter ignored him as he left campus, walking out to the street where a black car pulled up swiftly next to him. The window rolled down and Happy leant his arm out of it.