46 | Mjolnir

"You don't understand, nobody can lift this," Thor said drunkenly, slurring his words and balancing Mjolnir in his palm.

"Correction, I can," Vision said softly, waving at the girl from across the room. Thor rolled his eyes and turned back to her.

"You possess my Asgardian power of wielding electricity correct?" Thor asked Y/N, the girl nodding and sipping her drink.

"And you were struck by lightning you say?" He continued, sceptical of how the girl had possessed such mighty power seemingly out of coincidence. She nodded again.

"This was no accident. You see, my brother and I were in battle that night, both of us using our powers against each other before it ricocheted down to you. But why you? Why did it ricochet in the first place?" Thor said looking at her, despite it sounding like he was thinking aloud.

"Oh, I have an electro-chip implanted in my head, I think it just reacted with that and made my brain do some weird shit," She laughed.

"This is a type of magic I cannot fathom, but I fear that if you received my power of lightning, you may have possessed other abilities; potentially from my brothers side..." Thor drifted off, looking at the girl who was too drunk to understand the severity of the situation.

"I'll drink to that!" She said raising her glass to the God of Thunder sitting in front of her, laughing and calling out to cheers the whole room in which they engaged. She was too inebriated to actually think about what Thor was saying, and he was too drunk to become at all worried.

They were all incredibly drunk and too distracted to take in the situation at hand. Y/N had held Mjolnir like it was a standard hammer - and the heroes had already moved on as if it wasn't a feat of pure wonder.

Clint was asleep face down on the couch, Quill next to him on the ground with a few cushions and a blanket. Majority of the heroes had gone to their seperate sleeping quarters, leaving only a few to be conscious and still drinking.

"Okay I need to stop before I pass out, you're all grown men and I really can't keep up with you guys," Y/N slurred, setting her drink down on the edge of the coaster and causing it to fall over. Bucky caught the glass before it landed on the table, a splash of liquid spraying over his hand.

"Baby Stark needs her beauty rest so she can kick your ass again tomorrow," Sam chuckled, getting up from his chair and stretching his back with a loud exaggerated groan.

"Let's get you to bed before you smash more bottles hey?" Bucky said smiling and holding the girls shoulders. He steered her towards their rooms in the East wing of the compound, directing her to her bedroom and standing against the doorframe.

"I can't believe you choked me to death," she giggled, her eyes almost shut as she reached to the floor to grab a t-shirt to sleep in.

"I can't believe you almost electrocuted me to death," he laughed back, hurrying over to her before she toppled over when she had leant down to get pajamas.

She yawned as she pulled the top she was wearing off and replaced it with the old t-shirt she usually slept in. Bucky turned his head as she abruptly unchanged, out of courtesy despite him wanting to look at what Baby Stark had under the hood.

She shimmied out of her jeans as the oversized shirt mostly looked like a dress on her and crawled up to the top end of her bed.

"You going to be my nightmare remedy again?" She smiled, patting the bed next to her as he shook his head.

Bucky knew that he wouldn't be able to get dirty thoughts out of his head being so close to her and as drunk as they both were right now. He thought about anything and everything other than how small she'd feel against him or how naive and inexperienced she'd be compared to his hundred years.

"Please?" Y/N insisted before Bucky sighed loudly and shut the door behind him. He groaned as he pulled her jacket off and placed it over the back of a chair. He got under the covers next to her, looking at her before contemplating whether to suffer and sleep in his jeans, or take her off and run the risk of being caught in his underwear with Stark's daughter.

He decided on the latter, sliding out his jeans under covered and kicking them to the floor, taking a deep breath and settling into the pillow.

"Night kiddo," he said trying to dissipate the tension by reminding himself she was about six years younger than him physically, and eighty six mentally. Calling her kiddo made him feel better, drawing his attention away from the fact she was his type and kind of single.

Peter had been missing in action for over a month now, they'd all refused to mention his name for her sake to move on, but S.H.I.E.L.D still patrolled looking for signs of life.

"You know as much as I thought I was going to die, fighting you tonight was kind of hot," she admitted, lying on her back and looking up at the ceiling. Bucky was doing the same thing, staring at anything but her.

A few seconds passed which felt like an eternity to the both of them before Y/N rolled over and kissed him softly, pulling away and shaking her head.

"I-I'm so sorry I don't know why I did that," Y/N said embarrassed by what she'd just done. He was older than her, not by much but she thought he probably viewed her as a little sister and nothing more.

"Don't apologise doll, I don't blame you wanting to know what it's like being with a man and not a boy," he chuckled, pulling her face back into a deeper kiss. His human hand was warm and cupping her face, the vibranium latter cold against her waist as he pulled her closer.

She felt weak under his touch, completely submissive to his dominant demeanour. It was a nice change for her, usually she and Peter were balanced in their respective styles.

He pulled away suddenly and squinted at her, trying to figure out what her intentions were. He didn't want this to turn into something that it wasn't.

"Wait, you're not going to get feelings and start getting all annoying around me right?" He joked, not wanting the younger girl to fall head over heels for him like many a woman had in the past.

"God no, I'm not that young... it's called a rebound Buchanan, get over yourself. All just a bit of drunk fun," She scoffed, reconnecting the kiss as he chuckled against her lips, rolling over so that he was hovered above her.