26 | Rejection

After giving half of New York a blackout, Y/N had fled the scene, not wanting to stay with Harry any longer and still not believing the group she called family were who they originally were. She thought that if she couldn't trust either of the two groups, she would go about life alone until she figured it out; at at least until one group reigned supreme and defeated the other.

She had witnessed with her own eyes a video of the Avengers destroying buildings and killing civilians, the city now under their control - how could she not believe that? Harry however was more secretive about his group, not letting her in specific areas of his building and never letting her out of his sight, it just felt off.

The rain had finally stopped when Y/N began walking down a dark and narrow alleyway, her sweatshirt hood on and her hands in her pockets. The alleyway lead behind a gentleman's club, seedy men smoking outside of the entrance and half-dressed women hanging off of them.

An older man wolf whistled to Y/N as she asked one of the strippers for a cigarette, never before being a smoker but desperately wanting something to warm her up. She ignored him as he started calling out to her, thanking the girl before continuing back down the alleyway.

She heard footsteps behind her, the splash of a puddle making her walk faster. She kept her head down inhaling on the cigarette as he catcalled her further.

"Hey sweetheart, how much you charge in there huh?" He asked, a second man approaching Y/N from in front of her.

"Is this guy bothering you?" He asked waking past her, his face covered by a hood similar to Y/N's. She shook her head before she heard the creepy man yelp in pain. She turned around and pulled her hands out of her pockets, ready to electrify them if needed. The man in the hoodie snapped the creepier mans arm with ease, pushing his head against the wall and rendering him unconscious.

"I-I could have handled him myself, but thankyou," she said quietly, scared that the man in the grey hoodie was the more dangerous of the two. He pulled his hood down, revealing he was wearing a superhero suit underneath.

"Didn't think Baby Stark was allowed in this part of town," he said chuckling, Y/N stepping back in fear and creating electric bolts on one of her hands.

"I don't know who you are but I suggest you back the fuck off," she muttered, looking at this man who had created a makeshift suit and was neither in the Avengers nor Harry's group.

"Oh fuck, you're a mutant! Juicy gossip ooh," he said taking his hoodie off and tossing it on the ground. He then grabbed the thighs of his pants and tore them off dramatically.

"Man I love stripper pants, they're so easy to whip off," he giggled, walking past Y/N and motioning her to follow him.

"Come on kiddo, I've got a place you can crash at," he said casually, kicking the creepy mans limp body as he passed. She followed him reluctantly, asking him questions in which he didn't answer.

"Why did you leave your clothes back there?" She asked, him walking in front of her.

"They're not mine, plus I needed to wear them to keep my identity hidden," he sighed.

"But you're wearing a suit... Underneath the hoodie.." She questioned, him ignoring her. The building he had taken her to wasn't any nicer than the back of the strip club but it was dry and warm; certainly more than Y/N had right now. She couldn't help but look at his suit, no technology involved but still of high quality. He let her inside to his apartment, her taking off the rain drenched sweatshirt she was wearing and tossing it on the couch.

"Are you going to tell me who you are now?" She said abruptly, not fully trusting him but realising he was safer than the Avengers and Harry combined. He shrugged.

"Just call me uh, um, Susan," he said, moving to his kitchen and taking a box of cereal down from a cupboard. He held the grain dry and with his fingers, pushing it against his suit but unable to actually eat it.

"What the fuck is wrong with you," she asked, her eyes squinting in judgment, the crumbs falling down his suit and onto the ground.

"You don't want to know," he responded. He put the box on the counter and walked up to her.

"Are you flirting with me?" He asked with his face inches from her face, "Because I could be old enough to be your dad, or your daddy it depends what your type is cos I am into younger girls," he chuckled, staring at her face.

"Definitely not. But I have a track record of getting with guys in supersuits without seeing their face, so that doesn't bother me," she scoffed, moving away from him and looking around the apartment.

"This place is a mess," she called out from the bedroom, coming back to the man lying on the couch staring at the roof.

"Yeah apparently a home is supposed to be reflective of the owner," he shrugged.

She wasn't convinced that this man was actually super or just running around beating up people in a homemade suit.

"Sooo... Who in the suit did you get with?" He asked sitting up on the couch with his legs crossed and his hands under his chin; sitting like a little girl wanting gossip.

"The only one in a mask?" She chuckled, sitting down next to him and starting to become more comfortable with this seemingly welcoming man.

"No! You and Spider-Man? Oh so you do like older men!" He laughed, Y/N disagreeing and telling him Spider-Man was only her age.

He spoke a million miles an hour, asking her rapid fire questions about her life. She didn't care about telling him, there was no point in keeping anything secret anymore. He asked why she was alone and she explained how she had gotten to where she was.

"Why would you pick Spider-Man over everyone? Have you seen Captain America? He'd be hung like an elephant.. A-mazing" he scoffed.

"Does he ejaculate, you know.. Spider web?" He then asked, Y/N pushing his leg and calling him disgusting.

"You wanna do some cocaine?" He asked, jumping to his feet excitedly.

"What? No, dude where are you going come back I don't want any," she called out to him, the man rummaging through a drawer.

"Dude! Hello, are you listening?" She continued, sighing and giving into his prior request.

"Susan, no cocaine," she said, the man responding to the woman's name he had requested for her to call him.

"Does the cocaine give you your 'powers'? Or are you actually super," she asked, him coming back to the couch and rubbing the powder onto his gums, it sticking to the tiny lines in his suit glove.

"Oh, the Avengers rejected me hundreds of times" he laughed, "But I could beat half their asses."