36 | Junior

The sound coming from the racetrack was overwhelming down in the pits as thousands of people watched Tony and Happy get into their designated cars. The Grand Prix this year had passed, but Tony like a stubborn child had to race Happy to prove a point. He had created a charity event in under a week with the worlds richest people flying into Monaco and betting on multiple billionaires to race cars around the infamous track

Pepper had told him he was crazy; that this was incredibly dangerous since none of these people were actually trained Formula 1 drivers. Eventually she gave in, realising that she could treat it like a short holiday after all of the stress she had endured recently.

Y/N and Peter went with them, this being the first public event they'd be seen at since their identity leak. They walked into a large corporate booth hand in hand, the room turning and applauding them as they entered. They didn't know why, they hadn't done anything worth clapping over but they smiled regardless and followed Pepper to their private table.

The windows were large enough for everyone to comfortably watch the multiple races below. Champagne circulated on silver platters as well as majority of the rich businessmen being perched at the bar knocking back expensive liquor.

"Pepper! It's so nice to see you," said a man in a tailored navy suit, air kissing Pepper as she stood to greet him. He looked at Peter and Y/N through thick rimmed glasses and smiled.

"Y/N, I haven't seen you since you were about this big," he continued, sticking his hand down past his waist and laughing.

"Has it really been that long Justin? Wow how time flies huh?" Pepper responded, her tone of voice evident to Y/N that she was faking being nice.

"Justin Hammer, such an honour to meet the one and only Spider-Man," he smiled, sticking his hand across the table to shake Peter's hand eagerly. He was nice enough, but Pepper didn't seem overly fussed about him being in Monaco with them.

She sat down with a huff when he left, rolling her eyes at the two young adults in front of her. She explained that he ran Hammer Industries, an old direct competitor of Tony's when they used to manufacture weaponry. Justin had attempted for years to build super suits and failed.

The room almost vibrated as the cars zoomed past them, the majority not paying attention as it wasn't the main race. Y/N smiled at Peter when she caught him staring at her, giggling when he didn't look away.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked, looking behind her and then back at him. "Stop staring at me Peter, what?"

"You just look beautiful I dunno, I'm just happy I can be with you here whilst everyone knows we're like, superheroes or whatever and it feels great," he said shrugging, still smiling at her like a giddy child.

"I thought you were going to say something cheesy like, 'the view of Monaco is beautiful but not as beautiful as you' or something," she laughed

"Oh I would have but I thought that was obvious," Peter grinned, taunting her.

"You're such a dork," she smiled, leaning in to kiss him softly, Pepper clearing her throat from across the table.

"Not too much you two, we don't want another playboy tabloid in the papers," she joked, happy that they were together again and not kidnapped or brainwashed or dead.

They looked down at the track as an announcement sounded through the speakers. The race Tony and Happy were entering was about to begin, the cars each pulling up to their positions respectively.

"You placing any bets?" Peter asked the two Starks, Pepper shaking her head and starting on a tangent about how dangerous this was and that she only agreed because they were doing it as a charity event.

"I kind of want Happy to beat Tony though, just to see his face as he loses... He is the biggest child when he loses. I remember growing up beating him in Wii Tennis and he threw the controller through the window... He was still testing out some tech at that stage so he was stronger than usual, but still," Y/N explained, leaning her chin on her hand as she watched the track below them.

"That sounds like typical Tony Stark to me," Justin said interrupting, taking it upon himself to sit next to Pepper and join their table. "You don't mind if I join you guys right? You have the best view in the house," he chuckled, putting his drink down on a coaster and leaning into his chair.

"What if we did mind? I'm not saying anything but I'm curious to see what your reaction would be," Y/N said squinting, amused at this man who had been rivals with her father growing up.

"Ah yes, you've got his wit don't you? May I ask why you didn't become Iron Woman or Junior Iron?" Hammer asked smiling, trying to make conversation with the younger Stark.

"Makes sense why your company never beat Stark, those hero names are horrendous. But to answer your question, it's because Iron Man can't do the shit I can do," she snapped, now becoming skeptical of the man who was so comfortable around them.

"Language Y/N," Pepper muttered, not usually caring about cursing in their house but mindful around business partners and industry professionals.

"No it's fine, they're young leave them be, I respect her honesty," he chuckled, sipping his drink and looking at her. Analysing her. Trying to figure her out.