Chapter 3

After arriving at the office this morning I saw Strauss enter Agent Hotchner's office and I knew something was wrong. I sat at my desk and about a half an hour later Agent Hotchner asked me to join them in his office.

I got up and walked into his office and he shut the door behind me and sat at his desk. I remained standing by the door trying to hide my nervousness.

"Agent y/l/n I looked over your record and I was impressed with how many sexual predators you have put away so I want you to go undercover with Agent Hotchner to California." Strauss says, causing you to freeze. "You will go as a wealthy couple to California and you leave tomorrow morning at 4. Once you arrive you will go to your mansion and change for an event that night. This unsub rapes and kills women who are married to wealthy men." she says before walking out of the room and closing the door behind her.

"Y/N are you okay?" agent Hotchner asks I nod and he walks up to me and holds my hands in his "I will be there with you the whole time to protect you y/n." I just nod again "I will drive you home to pick up some clothes and you will spend the night at my house." he says and I reluctantly agree before leaving his office and going back to my desk.

When I got to my desk Emily and Derek kept asking questions so I told them what was happening.

"Strauss want me to go undercover with Hotch." I said "What will you two be doing?" Emily asked. "We are going as a wealthy couple because our unsub rapes and murders women who are married to wealthy men." I said.

"Well Hotch would never let anything bad happen to you. I am pretty sure he has a thing for you y/n." Derek adds with a light chuckle and I punched his arm. "No he does not and he is our boss." I whisper screamed at them.

They began teasing me because I had to be alone with Agent Hotchner for a whole week. He is attractive but he is also my boss.

I finished my paperwork around 4 and I walked up to Agent Hotchner's office. I knocked on the door and handed it to him and he said "I should be done in about 30 minutes sit down on the couch." 

I sat on the couch and waited for him and we began to talk to break the award silence.

"How was your day?" he asked, looking up from his papers "It was fine how was yours?" I asked "It was good. You can call me Aaron or Hotch by the way instead of Agent Hotchner."

"Okay Hotch you can call me y/n instead of Agent y/l/n it sounds so formal and weird." I laughed a little and he closed his file and said he had finished. He got up and we both walked out of the office and he insisted on taking his car.

He drove to my place and we both walked inside. I went straight for my bedroom and began packing some necessities and cute outfits.

Then when I finished I walked back into my living room and he was walking around like he was examining the place and all of the pictures I had around.

Once he noticed me he grabbed my bags and put them in the car. I followed him outside and we left my house. When we got to his place he asked if I wanted pizza or Chinese and I said pizza.

We talked about the team until the food arrived.

"How did you not know that Emily and JJ are in love with each other? I have been here less than a month and I know." I said "I always thought JJ liked Reid and Prentiss liked Morgan." he said "NO JJ and Emily like each other but they are too scared to say anything. Morgan likes a girl who works at a hospital and Spencer likes his books." I said and once I mentioned Spencer his body language changed "I also thought that you and Reid were a couple." he said causing me to laugh

"No Spencer is my best friend, there is nothing going on between us." I said, still laughing, "Good girl." was all he said and then there was a knock at the door and he got up and answered it.

I was still in shock and turned on then he came back with the food and drinks.

We continued to talk about the case. "I promise this time the unsub won't get his hands on you y/n. Last time that should not have happened." he said while looking into my eyes as I chewed.

"Last time wasn't your fault Aaron and this time I will have my gun on me and hopefully won't get knocked out." I said and he responded "I won't let anyone hurt you y/n you will be safe with me" and then we finished our food.

We went up to the bedroom and I changed in the bathroom and brushed my teeth before laying down on the bed. He then went and brushed his teeth and layed on the other side of the bed. We left space in between us because he is my boss.

I usually toss and turn all night but tonight was different. I fell asleep instantly.

Around 3 am he woke me up and told me to get ready. When I fully opened my eyes I saw that he was already dressed and ready to leave.