48| it's because of you

The raindrops slowly fell down the glass window in my room as the thunder growled intensely in the distance

The raindrops slowly fell down the glass window in my room as the thunder growled intensely in the distance. I was currently curled up in my bed with Connery and a good book with a comforter that didn't warm me up as much as I would've liked.

I silently cursed myself for not grabbing a white fluffy blanket that was sitting in my desk chair across the room, but I refused to get up and get it. Not because I was too lazy to walk across the room, but because Connery looked so peaceful sleeping as soft snores escaped his lips. His hair was messed up covering part of his eyes, his mouth was somewhat agape with his chest rising and falling in slumber. I was freezing but I didn't want to wake him up.

Yesterday was a tough day for him, in the end, he got the closure he deserved but deep down I knew he wished things could've been different. The conversation he had with his dad wasn't a conversation of reconciliation, instead, it was one filled with goodbyes. And as much as Connery still needed to heal the wounds his dad inflicted on him in the past, I knew that he wasn't ready to say goodbye to his dad again.

My eyes faintly left him as he peacefully slept next to me. I memorized his beautiful features and the way a small dimple popped out on his right cheek every time he slightly curved his lips while he slept. I admired his defined muscles and the Olympics tattoo that was inked on his right bicep. He got that one a few days ago. I told him to wait until next year right before the Olympics but he was adamant about getting the rings tattoo on his bicep. And who was I to stop him? I have my methods of persuasion but not even those worked. At least not this time.

After thirty minutes and eighty pages later of Colleen Hoover's, It Ends With Us, Connery woke up. His right hand searched for me under the covers and they landed on my inner thigh. "Hola hermoso,"

"Hola preciosa," Connery mumbled back as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked as I slipped my hand into his. A smile curved on his pink-tinted lips as he scooted closer to me. "I was reading to you and you barely lasted ten minutes before you fell asleep."

Connery lets out a small laugh. "I did, especially since I got to sleep next to you. And baby girl, I promise that it wasn't you. I was just beat from today's practice."

"I know," I offer him a smile. "I was just messing with you."

Connery pouted at me with very pleading eyes that went down from my eyes to my lips. I leaned pressing my lips to his, answering his somewhat subtle suggestion as he smiled into the kiss. I scooted into his lap, our lips still connected. He deepened the kiss and his hands went up from my hips to my ass, I knew this was more than just an innocent kiss. I ran my hands through his hair as he ran his thumbs across my face, finally resting on my jawbone. When he pulled my face closer to his, his hands wandered across my body as his tongue began to lick into my mouth. My tongue began to dance with his as he proceeded to massage my hips.