04| the aftermath

And it was

And it was.

I barely got four hours of sleep last night. After we got to our apartment I spent the next two hours holding Peyton's blonde tangled hair up while she puked her insides out on the floor of our small apartment bathroom.

By the time she was finished my crappy black alarm clock that sat on the white wooden nightstand beside my queen-sized bed read two am. So in order to get a few extra minutes of sleep, I went to bed already dressed with my swimsuit and regular clothes on. I was exhausted and I almost never made it to practice (thanks a lot Peyton). Peyton paid the price because I ended up taking her Honda Civic to get to the pavilion faster. It was the least she could do for me after last night, unfortunately for her, she has to walk all the way to her am lab today in Peterson Hall. Or (from what I expect) she will probably end up waking Stensby and make him drive her to the science building.

I held on for dear life as I walked inside the pavilion, the practice started in five minutes and to Coach Jennings, I was already late. Luckily for me, he was still in his office reading some documents when I walked out of the locker room already dressed in my red speedo swimsuit. Regan helped me put on my swimming cap and we chatted for a few minutes by the edge of our lane before Assistant Coach Tanner walked over to us to give us instructions for this already dreading five am practice.

"Good morning guys," Coach Tanner greets. "I hope you had a good night's rest and didn't spend it drinking at last night's keg party on Ackerman." We were all in so much trouble and we haven't even started. "We'll start off with an 800-meter warm-up at an eighty percent rate, after that, I'll give you further instructions."

I jumped into the cold water right after Regan did, it was freezing yet it was relaxing at the same time. If Coach Tanner started off with a relatively short warm-up that meant that we were in for one hell of the practice. It took us a good fifteen to twenty minutes to finish off the warm-up. The golden boys of BGU finished off first and I followed them up with Regaño. While we waited for the rest of the team to wrap up the warm-up, I started chatting with Regan again.

Regan is my only friend here in the swimming team, most of the girls here are either stuck up or they spend most of the practice paying attention to whatever Connery and his friends are talking about. I can't stand girls like that and most importantly I couldn't care less about what Connery and his friends are talking about so I just stick with Regan. Peyton introduced me to Regan on her rush week, they were both rushing the same sorority and we met up for lunch during that week. Practice with the team had not started yet so I didn't even know she was on the swim team as well until she told me that day.

"Did you go to the keg party at the Alpha Phi Sigma house last night?" Regan asks and I nod. "Did you really? I ran into Peyton in the living room, she was half-naked by the time I saw her but I didn't catch you."

"Oh, that's because Stensby had me running around the house like his little slave looking for two bottles of Fireball that he and Peyton didn't even end up using. By the time I found them and ran downstairs Peyton was completely wasted and we left early."