09| i have standards

The nerve Stensby has, I think to myself as I make my way through campus

The nerve Stensby has, I think to myself as I make my way through campus. I'M SORRY EV. YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN TODAY. I WILL BE ACCEPTING YOUR NOTES LATER ON THOUGH. Stensby texted a few minutes ago. We had Emerson's class today and even though I usually don't give him a minute of my time during the lecture he always helped me endure her voice for the entire hour by passing me funny sticky notes. I replied to my backstabbing best-friend with KEEP DREAMING CAMERON STENSBY.

Luckily I wasn't running late today, I actually got up once I heard that the alarm on my phone went off (after hitting the snooze button three times but that's way besides the point). And I dressed up pretty decent for class today (cue the applause). I received a very exciting call whist I was driving back from the taco place with Connery a few days ago. I landed the internship and I started working at the firm today. That was the reason as to why I was walking into class with a cream turtleneck sweater, white jeans and a pair of way too expensive loafers. I might've gone on a little shopping spree after receiving that call because my closet isn't exactly internship material either.

I walked into the already crowded auditorium and I took a seat in my usual spot. Prof. Emerson wasn't even here yet, she was running late. I wonder what type of excuse she was going to come up with for being late, she never shuts up about the importance of being on time and says that no excuses are valid for being late. Except when the boys from the swim team come in late, of course. I don't blame her, have you seen those guys?

"Is this seat taken?" A very familiar voice asked. Yes. I thought to myself. Then I realized I wasn't thinking to myself, I had actually spit it out.

"Yes." I turned my gaze from my phone to the tall figure standing next to me. Connery? How embarrassing. My cheeks instantly turn into a light shade of pink and I mentally slapped myself. "I mean no. I'm sorry."

Connery laughs and sits down in the empty seat beside me. Kudos to you Everest you really know your way (not) around boys. I really have to stop embarrassing myself in front of Connery. "Did you get to see Dressel's meet last night?"

It took me a second to realize that Connery was trying to make conversation and this situation a little less awkward. I still wasn't used to seeing him around that much, less talking to him. I wondered why Connery decided to sit with me when he could've sat in his usual spot with all of his friends. I wasn't going to ask, but it left me with a big question mark. "I couldn't, I was studying for an Economics exam I have tomorrow. I did catch the highlights this morning on ESPN. He was a beast, no surprise there."

"He was more than a whole-body behind Kingsley and he still managed to pull away with the win. It was insane."

I was about to continue making conversation with Connery but Prof. Emerson walked in and she did not look happy at all. "Good morning students,"

"Somebody's not in a good mood today," Connery whispered making me chuckle.

"You'll have to excuse my tardiness today, I had to deal with the incompetence of this institution and your chauvinist chancellor this morning before class." Prof. Emerson sighs. "Before we start today's class, I want to discuss with you the details of a very important essay you will be handing in at the end of the semester."