06| one night stands

Coach Jennings was going to kick my ass

Last night, Dant and the guys thought it would be a good idea to hit AJ's. I would've passed like I do most of the time considering the killer practice we had today, but the guys were very insistent. Two burgers and four club soda's later I found a bed to stumble onto. Not my bed though. The jackasses I call friends left me at AJ's with a very teasing and flirty Savannah James, not that I'm complaining though. I ended up riding her more than a few times or rather she ended up riding me after we crashed at her place.

The memory of her small figure grinding on top of me is blurry at best but the trail of hickeys on my neck and collarbone speak for themselves. I could've easily snatched another round when I woke up to find her on top of me once again fully undressed, but I was already running late to practice and I barely knew where I was. So the only solution to my problem that I could come up with was to call O'Connor. He was probably five minutes away from the pavilion but he was the only one who would turn around and come save my ass.

"Connery, give me one good reason why I shouldn't just kick your ass. I was in the parking lot when you called." A very pissed O'Connor greets once I sit in the passenger seat of his royal blue Mustang Shelby GT500.

"I'll easily give you two. First, you're part of the reason as to why I'm late, you know better than to leave me alone at the pub to fend for myself with Savannah James. And secondly but least relevant in this matter, I'm your best friend."

"I can see you had no trouble in finding a place to crash last night," O'Connor says pointing to the very visible hickey on the left side of my neck. I chuckle to myself, there was no point in trying to hide the events that occurred last night. God knows bronzer or whatever it is girls use to cover their hickeys wasn't in the list of things I was going to do to try and cover it up. I had more important matters at hand like the excuse we were going to come with for running late. "Before you ask I already talked with Jennings about the reason as to why you were running late."

"What did you tell him?" I ask O'Connor with a worried expression. Coach always called our bluff and O'Connor wasn't the greatest liar (he was the worst one out of the four of us).

"It doesn't matter what I told him, he read right through me. He called my bluff. Like he always does." Fuck. Guess who is going to end up having to swim three thousand meters for warm-up today? You guessed it right. Remind me to call Becker next time. "Before you lose your shit, the only thing he said was that you owed him a favor for letting this one slide."

A favor? What kind of favor does Coach need? I just hope I don't end up regretting one of the best one night stands I've had so far. My phone buzzed in the front pocket of my jeans revealing a text message from Savannah.