36| uneasy

He walked into my heart like he belonged there, falling for him, it was like walking into a house and suddenly knowing you're home

He walked into my heart like he belonged there, falling for him, it was like walking into a house and suddenly knowing you're home. We met in that place, the place where our souls ached to wander, the place where millions of stars unfolded around us. Last night, in between his arms, I looked at him and wondered how we ever lived in anything less breathtaking than this.

Connery laid on the right side of my bed, covered in white satin sheets. Strands of his hair covered part of his face so I tucked them behind his ear. I laid in bed for a good few minutes watching him sleep, soft snores escaped his pink-tinted lips. As I watched him sleep I couldn't help but smile as parts of last night flashed through my mind. If I could I would stay right here, laying next to him, but unfortunately, I had to get ready for a day at the firm today.

I carefully rolled out of bed not wanting to wake Connery up and on my tiptoes, I walked over to my bathroom for a quick shower. After a shower brushed teeth and a good few minutes of trying to look decent on this fine morning I got dressed. I decided to go with a pastel blue sweater, a pair of grey plaid pants and my white sneakers. Before I headed out of the bathroom, I looked at myself one last time in the mirror.

When I walked out of the bathroom Connery was still peacefully sleeping on his back, I still had a few minutes to spare so I walked over to the bed and I planted a kiss on his lips. He instantly smiled and pulled me on top of him for another kiss. "Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning handsome," I smiled.

"Why are you dressed so early in the morning?" Connery asks.

"I have to drop by the firm today, we have to discuss a few details for the trial," I reply.

"That's a bummer," Connery frowns. "I had other plans for us this fine morning and they didn't involve anything that you're wearing as of this moment."

I chuckle. "I bet you did and I would love to stay here, lying in bed with you all day but I can't sit this one out. We have to present an airtight case in the trial so we have to go over the details once again to make sure we're not missing anything."

"I get it," Connery smiles. "What if I drive you over to work today and we can grab a coffee on the way? I get out of class around two so I can pick you up before practice."

"That sounds lovely," I smile and I plant a kiss on Connery's lips once again before getting off of him. "I'll wait for you in the living room."

Connery nods. "By any chance do you remember where you threw my shirt last night?"

I laugh. "Check behind my dresser."