20| daylight

The rays of the sun were shining bright against my skin, the room was a little chilly though, I could feel the cool breeze coming from outside through the windows

The rays of the sun were shining bright against my skin, the room was a little chilly though, I could feel the cool breeze coming from outside through the windows. I fluttered my eyes open and I couldn't help but smile. A pair of strong arms were wrapped tightly around my small waist. I turn my body around to face Connery who was still peacefully sleeping next to me. Soft snores escaped his pink lips and his hair covered part of his face.

While I laid in bed next to Connery small fragments of last night ran through my mind, my cheeks turned a little shade of pink as I remembered what happened. The kiss was unexpected but it couldn't have been more perfect. After we swam for a bit and kissed a few more times we went inside through a secluded entrance where nobody could see us walk in. Thankfully nobody did, my makeup was all over the place and our clothes were drenched.

I ended up showering and changing into one of Connery's oversized hoodies, I wasn't small in size but Connery being 6'2, his clothes fit me like a dress. I wanted to opt for a t-shirt and sweatpants but Connery's sweatpants were too big. Besides, I'm pretty sure Connery was secretly rooting for the hoodie. Connery was supposed to drive me back to the apartment but he insisted that I stay the night. By the time everybody left it was pretty late to drive and I didn't mind staying over.

I thought it was going to be awkward once we both went to bed because frankly, I wasn't sure how to act. This was all pretty new to both of us and I wasn't sure what it meant. But in the end, it turned out to be the complete opposite. We ended up having way too many conversations in the dark while we were cuddled up in bed until we both fell asleep.

A smile curved on Connery's lips once he fluttered his eyes open. "Good morning," I smile and Connery pulled me closer to him. "What's on your mind?"

"Nothing," I pause. "I promise."

"Liar," Connery says giving me a look. "You've got that look on your face, that's your overthinking face. What is it? You can tell me."

"It's silly," I laugh nervously. "I was just thinking about last night, I thought I was dreaming. I'm not going to lie, I pinched myself a couple of times to make sure I wasn't."

Connery laughs. "Why? Is it actually that hard to believe that I wanted to kiss you, over and over again?" Connery says as he plants kisses repeatedly all over my face.

I laugh in the process but then I got a little serious. I'm not great at opening up, especially if I end up showing my vulnerable side. I've never liked it. For some reason, I have always believed that being vulnerable only gives the key to break you. But if this was going to lead both of us somewhere, I wanted to do it right.

"Yes," Connery looks at me confused. "If we're both being honest, I'm not the type of girl you always hang around with. I'm not the type of girl everyone hangs around with to be more specific. So even though I'm the happiest I've ever been in a long time, I can't help but ask myself the question. Why me?"