25| easily replaced

Peyton has been standing in front of me for the past five minutes with her arms crossed over her chest waiting for an answer to the million-dollar question

Peyton has been standing in front of me for the past five minutes with her arms crossed over her chest waiting for an answer to the million-dollar question. Why was my car fucked up? "Ev, I've got all night, I don't care if we miss Stensby's game. We're not leaving until you tell me what happened to your car."

"What do you want me to say?" I ask. The truth was that I didn't know. I didn't know who was the one that trashed my car and left a nice little note too but believe me I had a pretty good idea. "I don't know who did it and we can be here all night if you want but my answer will still be the same."

"When did it happen?" Peyton asks.

"I left my car parked near the administration's building, my car was fine when I left it." I pause. "They must've trashed it while I was in Conrad's office. I couldn't have been there for more than thirty minutes, they were quick."

"This is serious Ev," Peyton says pointing at my car and I nod.

"I haven't said otherwise, I realize the gravity of the situation." I pause. "But what do you want me to do? Jared warned me this would happen."

"Report it," Peyton says, and instantly shake my head. "Don't shake your head at me, Everest Green. They're targeting you and I bet this is just the beginning."

"It would only make things worse," I tell her. "I'm in enough trouble as it is and I don't want to give them the satisfaction of knowing  that they have me in a corner because I'm afraid of what they might do."

"I don't care if you don't want to give them the satisfaction Ev, it's not about that." Peyton sighs. "It's about keeping you safe, I've looked the gang up. Azrael Sylla, aside from being called the rape factory, they are wanted for multiple murders. No one that messes with them, comes out alive."

"I know, I've read the news articles too." pause. "But I don't want to spend the rest of the night thinking about what they might do to me. Can we just please go to Stensby's game? We've wasted enough time as it is."

"Yes, but I just have one more question." I heavily sigh. "Is this all? They just trashed your car and nothing else?"

"Yes Peyton, this was all." I lie. She was frantic enough as it is, telling her about the cute little note that they left as well would send her over the edge. It's not every day that someone tells you that they will bury you six feet underground if you don't shut up your pretty little mouth. "Now, can we go?"

Peyton nods. "We can take my car if you want, I can now see why you didn't want to take yours."

"Nah, I'm thinking about owning it at this point," I tell Peyton. "The only reason why I didn't want to take my car was because I didn't want you to freak out the way you did. I don't care about what other people think."

"You're making it sound like I was making a big deal about nothing, which is wrong on your part." Peyton pauses. "Unlike you, I don't freak out about meaningless things."