Mutiny on the Soundstage (Short)

Corrine spent three weeks free of anything Total Drama related. She had holed herself up in the complimentary hotel the show had provided, enjoyed the spa, and trimmed her hair. In fact, the only people from the show she had hung out with were Leshawna, and surprisingly, Heather.

It seemed that Heather was much less terrible to be around when there was no money to compete over. The teens had spent their time together in the spa, giggling at the pedicures and eating their way through the room service menu.

"So," Heather said as they shared a piece of strawberry shortcake. "I, like, know what everyone else knows about you and Duncan. But, what do we not know?"

Corrine rolled her eyes.

"Nothing," She muttered. "Why do you care, anyway?"

Heather shrugged.

"I don't know," She said. "I guess it's just nice to talk about something other than the competition."

Corrine frowned.

"Speaking of the competition..."

Heather looked up at her, taking the last bite of cake.

"Do you think Chris is gonna bring us back for another season?"

"All I know," Heather said. "Is that if we do come back, I want you on my team."

Corrine raised a brow.

"Are you sure?" She asked. "It's not like I've been doing amazing."

"You've been in the top ten in both seasons," Heather pointed out. "You've gotta be doing something right."

Corrine nodded her head.

"Okay," She agreed, reaching for the chocolate cake. "If we come back, we'll work together."

Better than working with Trent, who loves to self-sabotage, or Gwen, who's so worried about what everyone around her thinks. And Lindsay, who can't find a balance between being an authoritarian and an idiot. She sure as hell wasn't going to be working with Duncan ever again.

"It's so messed up that Duncan voted you off," Heather said and Corrine looked at her for a second, wondering if she could mind-read. "He's been stringing you along this whole time, acting like you guys were a team, but the second Courtney comes back, it's like you're road kill."

Corrine sighed, taking a big bite of her chocolate cake.

"Yeah," She agreed. "He's a dick."

Heather giggled.

"Have you seen any of the new challenges?" She asked and Corrine shook her head.

"No," She said. "I needed a break from all of..."

She featured wildly in the air.

"That."

"Don't you want to know who's still in the race though?" Heather asked and Corrine shrugged.

"I don't even know who I'd root for," Corrine said. "Harold? There's no way he's winning."

"Beth?"

Corrine scoffed.

"Don't even get me started on that girl," She huffed and Heather leaned forward eagerly.

"Get started," She urged. "Let it all out girl. I've never met someone who bites her tongue more than you."

"Beth is..."

Corrine physically stopped herself, cringing at the thought of talking about the girl behind her back. Although Beth had done the same about her, she was sure.