[2] - querencia

“[y/n], what did you do?!”

“I—I didn't do anything, Mom!”

“Shut up, you brat!”

[y/n] was held tightly by her hair. Struggling to escape her mother's grip, she fell on her knees and mourned in defeat.

Her life with her Mom and Dad wasn't anything good or heartwarming. In fact, she hated them and wished she could escape that damn house soon. She was only a child when she got severe bruises and wounds around her body but luckily, she asked her grandma to give her some bandages.

She was young when she was abused by her own parents. Everyday, even though she didn't do anything wrong, she gets hit by her Dad's frightening belt while her Mom beat her with her own bare hands. Her life in that household was torture, she didn't even think she could consider that place her home anymore. It was more like a cage where she could never go out except for when she visits her grandma.

Every night, she tucks herself into sleep inside the dark and cold basement. Her only companion there was her warm blanket. Don't expect her to be friends with rats and mice, she was no Cinderella since she was afraid of filthy animals like them, especially bugs. So she had no choice but to overcome her fears in that basement but nope, she was even more scared.

Her parents were a duo of alcoholics, smokers, and drug addicts. They gain money for their own and sometimes doesn't even give their own daughter food to eat. The only food they gave her everyday was one piece of bread and there were times when they were bit in half by her Dad. It was disgusting but it was the only way she could survive.

In that house, she cried and sobbed. She was always scolded without even doing anything except for cleaning the whole house. She wanted to escape and the only escape she could think of was her grandma's house. Every spring, she was allowed to visit her grandmother so before she leaves, she tidies herself up and hides her bruises with a little bit of makeup. And then, she was free but only for a short period of time.

She felt safe in her grandma's arms and she wished she could tell her how she was treated by her parents. But she knew her grandma would call the police if she told her so she didn't. Despite every single wound her parents give to her, she still thought that they needed to change for the better. She didn't want them to go to jail because she didn't want to live without having parents.

I know, stupid, right?

Deep inside, she still loves them even though they don't love her.

Now that it was spring season, she packs her belongings which were very few and takes a bus to her grandma. She was given a flute when she was eight so she brought it with her and used it to let out all dark feelings and tears that she had bottled up.

After she have breakfast/lunch with her grandma, she automatically runs to a vacant spot in the park where Sakura trees took place. And then, she plays her flute.

Then she lets her tears come out of her eyes after the melodic song she produced. She stays in that place for a little while then leaves to eat dinner. In her way back to her grandma's house, she always catches herself glancing at a traditional looking house. Or more specifically, the boy behind a window in what she thought was his room.

Every time she passes by, the boy was always there. Sometimes he was crying, sometimes he was fuming, and sometimes he was expressionless. After a few years, she found out that that boy was actually the number two hero's son, Shoto Todoroki.

She thought that just like her, he was hurt and abused. He was alone, just like her and she would wish they meet in person at oftentimes. She wanted to help him even though she was depressed herself.

Though she thought, 'But that doesn't keep me from helping out somebody, right?'

And so, she comes there, playing her flute and wished he would come out of the blue. But nothing. No matter how much she played her instrument, he never came.

So she gradually lost hope.

She came to a thought that maybe she was a hopeless girl living in a world of madness.

She thought that, even when living in a destroyed world, there was no other way than to go along the choices of the universe. Good or not, she was another human being forced to go with the flow.

She was broken, so she had to stay like that for the rest of her worthless life.

So facing him now, who was staring back at her, her heart became lighter and her expression softened happily. She was glad that her wish came true, but she only had little time with him in that secret spot. So after he left, she sighed then went back home.

Even in the middle of dinner, she still can't stop thinking about him. Before sleeping, he was occupying her head. She was not complaining though.

He was handsome than she already thought he was.

Despite the scar on his face, he looked heavenly. His steel-grey eye looked stone cold and lifeless. While the light blue one was full of liveliness and carefree. His white and red hair was appealing in a nice way, it reminded her so much of fire and ice—which coincidentally was his quirk in the first place.

She can't explain further just how attractive the boy was and instead, she just giggled at his face when he stared at her. He looked like a lost puppy seeing a piece of meat for the first time. It was adorable.

“Shoto Todoroki,” She said while still staring at the ceiling of her room, “I want to see a smile on your face.”

She then smiled after saying that thought that has been around in her mind for a long time. But then, her smile faded.

“But I doubt that's going to happen soon.”

-

And man was she wrong.

“Hey, what was your name?”

[y/n] blinked once, then twice. The boy she had just thought about was there on her grandma's yard. He had his head lifted high up to see her figure popping out of her window from the second floor where her decent sized room was located.

Never did she think he would come out of blue—not to mention, in the middle of the night—asking for her name.

Todoroki stayed stoic despite the stars that were reflected in his eyes from the dark blue sky. [y/n]'s eyes sparkled as well, as if there was a shooting star in her [e/c] orbs.

Dismissing her own thoughts, the corner of her pink lips rose.

Raising her voice, she grinned, “[y/n]. It's [y/n]!”