[13] - twitterpated

[y/n] sat on an empty bench facing a fountain under the morning sun. She was waiting for Fuyumi to arrive since she called her to meet up. She stared blankly at the water, enjoying the peace and quiet of the place.

She had no idea why Fuyumi suddenly called her in the middle of the night. She came to a thought that maybe she just needed some girl talk. How? [y/n] was never good at those things. She's never really had a girl friend before.

'I wonder if Todo-I mean-Shoto is having fun with his mom right now.' She thought out of the blue, 'I hope he's happy seeing her-'

"[y/n]! Sorry I was late!"

[y/n] lifted her gaze to see just the woman she was waiting for. Fuyumi was panting before deciding to sit beside the teen who was lost in thought before she came.

[y/n] smiled warmly, "No, it's okay."

"Shoto went to Mom earlier," Fuyumi said, looking at [y/n] worriedly, "I'm worried maybe something bad will happen."

"You shouldn't worry, Fuyumi. He just want to see his Mom," [y/n] lopsided a sheepish grin, "I actually told him to go after telling me about his past last night."

Fuyumi stiffened for a moment before blinking. [y/n] looked at her, confused about her sudden fall of expression. "Uh-Fuyumi?"

"Hold up, he told you?" Fuyumi interrupted, leaning closer to [y/n]'s face. [y/n] was flustered at the question, "Y-Yeah."

For a split second, Fuyumi's eyes twinkled with her mouth agape. And then almost instantly, a grin made its way to her face, replacing her worries with happiness and relief.

"I see," She leaned back on the bench, her eyes not leaving [y/n]'s, "You're more special than I thought, [y/n]."

The aforementioned girl raised her brows. Fuyumi glanced at her before turning to stare at the light blue sky.

"What are you talking about?" [y/n] asked politely. She watched as Fuyumi's smile widened.

"Shoto has been isolating himself from everyone, including me and our whole family when Mother was sent to a hospital," She started, a frown replacing her expression, "He was always alone in his room. Sometimes, I hear him cry through the door at nighttime and I gradually become worried. He grew up as an arcane; I could barely get super close to him but he always push us away. I couldn't reach him before. He never really told us how hurt he was too."

[y/n] listened to each and every word that came out of Fuyumi's mouth. The fact that Todoroki has been alone almost his whole entire life made her want to run and hug him tightly again. She knew how hurt Todoroki was in the past and the way he let himself cry on her shoulder made her feel wanted.

But unlike him, she has been alone ever since she was born. She never knew how to approach people, the only person she had the urge to talk to was Todoroki. She just had that gut feeling that they were connected in some way.

The first time she actually saw him through the window was already about ten years back and the first emotion she's seen of him was sadness. He was crying while desperately trying to wish on a shooting star. But nothing. No star came shooting through the night sky and it pained her little heart.

The first time she talked to him, he had a stoic face. He wasn't showing any emotion at all, as if he was hiding what he truly felt inside.

"A few days ago, he came home very late and I was worried for him so I set him a curfew. But no matter what I do, he always found ways to sneak out!"

[y/n] laughed while Fuyumi was groaning about how she saw an ice pavement out of Todoroki's window one time.

"But when I found out he was actually hanging out with a girl that day you came to our house, I ignored my fuming self and squealed mentally. I was excited because finally, there was someone he was fixing himself with. And hearing how he told you about the past, it made me think that you're actually..." Fuyumi turned to look at [y/n] with a soft smile, "...very special that you two just might become inseparable."

The corner of [y/n]'s lips curved upwards with a blush evident on her white face. It was the nicest compliment she got regarding the boy she had grown interested in since she was a child. Especially that it was his own sister who said that thing to her.

"So, lovers or not, I still thank you for making tiny Shoto happier than he could ever be while Mother's gone."

Both couldn't contain their smiles as they looked at each other, feeling comfortable in each other's presence. It felt natural, Fuyumi felt natural with a girl as adorable as [y/n]. Deep inside, she actually wanted Todoroki to make a move on [y/n] already.

She wasn't patient so she's blaming the author for such a slow burn romance going on in this hell of a book.

[y/n] simply eye-smiled, "Thank you, and, you're welcome. I still remember the promise I have made. I'll try my best to cheer him up always, Fuyumi."

"Thank you."

-

'I'll make him happy while I still can, Fuyumi.'

[y/n] grinned while waving enthusiastically at Todoroki who stood far away from her. He also stared at her, his body not moving neither was he talking. She wondered what was wrong but then she realized something.

"By the way, I already ate five and I'm not even sorry!" She laughed to herself and saw Todoroki smile for a split second. She immediately froze and her laughing face disappeared instantly.

Did he just... SMILE?

She had to rub her eyes to make sure what she saw was true. And indeed, he was smiling while still gazing at her quietly. She couldn't help but blush.

She gasped, "Did you just smile?!"

She was more shocked when his smile lengthened.

He looked.... good. He was handsome and the rare smile plastered into his face made him even more attractive.

Did she finally accomplish it? Did she finally break that cold stone heart of his away?

She stood frozen in her spot, her hand on the air slowly retreating back to her sides. She furrowed her brows when she noticed his lips parting then realized he was muttering something. She just couldn't hear it because she was too far away to be hearing anything.

It was unfortunate though. She was so curious.

What in the hell was Todoroki talking about?

-

#3: Yellow by Coldplay