[6] - selcouth

Today was quite a day for Todoroki.

Villains trespassed their school while they were in the middle of the class. Mr. Aizawa got severely hurt and All Might barely had enough stamina left after fighting some kind of artificial monster or something like that.

But while all those happened, he had raised suspicions about All Might and a classmate, Midoriya. He just had that gut feeling that something was up, though it was still vague to find out.

If he were to be honest, he was a little frightened when he watched a sea of villains in the USJ. They caught all of them off guard but failed nonetheless.

"Hey, are you okay? I heard your school's been attacked."

Yet, even though his day was a mess that day, he still went to her.

"I'm fine," He turned to [y/n], an expressionless look on his face. She replied with a worried smile, "You could rest in your house instead of coming here with me, you know."

"I want to know you more too."

They stared at each other in comfortable silence. [y/n] was flustered at the sudden response and it sure made an effect to her heart.

She chuckled, "Okay, then, what do you want to do? We can still be together for about maybe two more hours."

He thought for a minute then looked at her again with a mind as blank as a space, "Go out?"

"Great idea!" She beamed, "So, where should we go?"

"Amusement park?"

"Too overrated."

"Park?"

"We're already in a park, silly."

"I don't know some fun places other than those two," He looked down, slightly dissapointed of himself. [y/n] just smiled before holding his chin and forced him to gaze at her with her index finger.

"Don't worry. Just leave it to me."

-

"Come on, let's get inside!" [y/n] ended up dragging the overwhelmed boy into what seemed like a small library in the middle of the neighborhood.

Todoroki stared at her back with mixed emotions. He was overwhelmed, flustered, shocked, nervous, confused, and a little embarrassed.

He was always so cold with other people and even refuses to go out with them. He didn't like hanging out, not even with his classmates. But at that moment, with her, he felt like he was possessed.

While he was lost in a daze, she pushed the door open and continued dragging him inside.

They were welcomed by warm and slightly dark rooms filled with numerous shelves where diverse books were placed. It was pretty tight but enough for the two to roam around. The scented candles inside lanterns made it seem like a library from a wizard school, like Hogwarts.

Todoroki gasped in awe when his eyes took a long glance of the place.

[y/n] stood in front of him, "I brought you here because you seem like a person who likes reading," She fiddled with her fingers anxiously. Todoroki stared at her, internally admiring the cute sight behind his expressionless face.

Inside of him was a huge firework festival.

And he just nodded as a reply.

[y/n] smiled with his eyes closed tightly, "Let's start!"

And so, they began searching for books.

-

Todoroki was silently checking out a drama book while [y/n] was searching from the other side of the shelf. Since it seemed boring, he looked for another one.

"Hmmm... this sounds nice: At Midnight," [y/n] mumbled under her breath after reading a book titled, 'At Midnight'.

She took one again from the left shelf, "Under The Stars."

She walked forward and took one again, "I Want Me," And grabbed another one, "To Say."

"I Love You."

[y/n]'s eyes left from the book to Todoroki, who was standing in between the two shelves she was also in, only he was a meter away from her. Todoroki's gaze slightly shifted from the book he read to her, the two made eye contact again.

Slowly, their faces flushed in red but still looked relatively calm in each others' eyes.

After for what seemed like several years, [y/n] grabbed another book from her side and showed the cover to him with a bright grin.

"Too."

Todoroki was frozen. He didn't know what to say nor what to do. And was that even a coincidence?

When he watched her smile, everything became brighter, even the warm darkness of the place.

Whooooooooossshhhhhh!

"Are you two going to pay for those books or nah?"

The eye contact was interrupted when a voice rang from behind [y/n]. Todoroki glanced at the direction of the voice, at the same time, [y/n] turned around. It was a guy with messy purple hair and man the dark circles below his eyes looked pitiful to watch. He was leaning on the shelf with arms crossed and [y/n] blushed at the thought that he might of had witnessed the whole thing.

"U-Uhm, I'd like to buy this," [y/n] stuttered while pointing to the book titled 'Too'. Actually, she's been shopping in that library since a few years back and that book always seemed to be noticeable for her. She just didn't think of buying it since there were other books that sounded more interesting.

"This one too," Todoroki held up the book, 'I Love You', with his same tone of voice. [y/n] wondered how the hell he was so calm at the situation.

"Then come on, I'm not wasting my time on some lovebirds," He grumbled irritantly as he made his way to the small table counter full of mangas. The two shortly followed after. Todoroki was turning away when walking behind [y/n] with his hand covering his extremely red face, he was furrowing his brows too.

The 'book-title-conversation' they had was still occupying his head and the fact that she added 'Too' was so overwhelming. She was driving him crazy.

"There, now out. I'm disgusted," Said the purple guy. [y/n] protested in embarrassment, "You're mistaken. We are-we're not-"

But after seeing the look on his face, she eventually silenced herself and looked down, pathetically defeated. Todoroki wasn't paying attention. He was too focused about the earlier events.

Yes, he was still not over it.

Purple Maple groaned, "Now, shoo."

-

The two walked on the streets in an awkward silence. They were both blushing while looking away; [y/n] keeping her eyes on her right and Todoroki kept his head remotely low.

But for a moment, they overcame their nervousness and met each others' gazes.

And what they both didn't know was that there was a spark.

Unbeknownst to them, it was unfamiliar; rare; strange; yet, marvelous.