[23] - tacenda

'What does being free mean? Is it the breaking away of whatever's keeping us locked? Is it a place where we can finally breathe peacefully? Or is it a person who makes us feel like we're up there soaring through the blue sky like a flock of carefree birds?

I've been locked up from the world ever since I came out of my mother's womb. Tortured, beaten, and completely helpless. I can't do anything but let my parents have the freedom to hurt me as much as they can.

Do I sound pathetic?

Hehe, of course I do. Everyday, I stare through the window and watch little children having fun playing out on the empty streets. Their smiles were wide, their laughs were pleasant to listen to and no one was there to hurt them. I was so envious.

I wanted to have a life just like those children. All the time, I questioned the heavens why I was born in such a horrible family. I didn't think I deserved it, I didn't do anything wrong.

So why?

Grandma. She was the only one who let me escape from that household for only a short period of time. I was happy, of course, but that wasn't the most positive feeling I showed.

I was absolutely ecstatic when I met him.

He made me forget everything I've gone through by just a single gaze. I was awestruck at how he was interested in me too. It all felt so unreal.

He gave me emotions I've never mustered by myself. He made me smile, laugh, and he never dared to hurt me. Those days I spent with him were special, it was also probably the most memorable spring season for me.

But like everyone else says, nothing stays forever.

And I had to leave only to be locked up again. Every night, different men. Every second, same tears. Every hour, same emotions. I couldn't stand nor could I sit up. I just lied there on the bed all the time, crying.

Every day, I kept hoping for someone to save me, more specifically, him. But nobody came. Not even one soul.

Then later, I was told that my grandma... she.......

Why did these things happen to me? What did I ever do to deserve this?

That house was more like a dark abyss than a home. I was like a patient there and a victim of different heinous crimes: child abuse and sexual harassment.

I'm a loser.

"You are under arrest!"

Just a loser.

"Mr. and Mrs. [l/n] are proven guilty."

A loser with a new life within me.

"I want to have an abortion."

And it was all the closure I needed.

Now... am I still a goddess? A pretty dove? A soft [f/c] flower? A light plume?

No, of course not.

Then tell me.... what am I?'

-

It was like an unexpected miracle.

There he was, standing right behind [y/n]  reminding her so much of the first time they met. He was taller and his face matured, but still looked handsome nonetheless. His hair was still the same, only it was a little longer.

Despite his features, she could still see the Todoroki she fell in love with from a year ago.

Because of that, another tear escaped her eye, this time with a weak smile.

Todoroki let out a shaky breath as he slowly took steps towards the girl he fell for once again. While he did so, she turned around to face him entirely, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear when the wind passed by.

Their gazes met and her smile widened, but at the same time, more tears rolled down her cheeks. Meanwhile, Todoroki was still awestruck.

She was still as beautiful as before, she looked even more feminine too. He couldn't believe the girl he had been searching for was there just waiting for him to embrace her in a hug. He also couldn't wait to wrap his arms around her and smell her sweet cherry blossom scent again.

It was as if the world stopped just for the moment of the two when Todoroki quickly wrapped his arms around her small figure. Closing her eyes tightly to let the tears fall, [y/n] clutched his back and snuggled close to his chest. His warmth keeping her from thinking this was just a dream.

Once Todoroki felt her skin against his, his eyes swelled up in tears. Letting out a broken grunt, he held her tighter. He was afraid that she might slip away from his arms so his hug became secured.

There was no way he was going to let go of her again when she was finally there crying against his chest.

No words were said. It all just happened in a comfortable silence.

They didn't need words to describe how much they missed each other so much. They didn't need words to tell each other about their feelings. They didn't need words to beg for the heavens to not set them apart ever again.

Only the sounds of nature was heard and it was enough for them as long as they were together.

They didn't need words... to say 'I love you'.

[y/n] finally felt pure freedom in his arms. But those happiness faded in a second when a question popped up in her head.

Will he ever love to be with a girl who has been abused all her life? Will he be okay embracing an 18-year-old girl who was almost going to give birth to a baby she didn't want?

'Can he love a pathetic girl like me...?'

Todoroki's hold tightened.

'It's okay... don't cry.'

A small smile made its way to [y/n]'s crying face.

'Can you love me, Shoto?'

Todoroki closed his eyes and the sun finally settled down. The sky was balanced perfectly by a blue and purple hue with the million stars beginning to light up. The air was colder but with each other's warmth, they wouldn't ask for more.

Todoroki smiled.

'I still love you... my little plume...'