[10] - acaronar

"IT'S YOURS! IT'S YOUR QUIRK, NOT HIS!"

And you can just recall what happened afterwards.

And I'm not joking.

[y/n] had her eyes glued on the field, waiting for Midnight to announce the winner of the most extreme battle of the sports festival so far.

She knew Todoroki was strong but she's never really seen him use his quirk in fights such as that. Everybody else's quirks in that school were clearly so much better than hers. All she could do was grow plants when she sees one, that's all. It's lame, yeah, but she can control plants too and make them big. But she never really had the opportunity to show it. Besides, she didn't focus on her quirk at all. She was abused in what seemed like a slaughter house, remember?

She's never seen him use his fire quirk too and she knows whatever they were talking about was a sensitive topic. She decided to ask him if he was okay later.

"The winner is Class 1-A's Shoto Todoroki!"

And the quiet stadium erupted in cheers once again. As for [y/n], she was smiling while trying to spot her friend.

And she needed to pee.

'Crap,' She sweatdropped, 'Where's the bathroom?'

She stood up from her seat and immediately left to find a public bathroom or anything inside the stadium. Let's just say there was a high possibility she was lost in an enormous establishment.

Lucky guess 'cause she did.

She was running around the halls and opened every single door that came to her view. But much to her dismay, she found no bathroom. She groaned and roamed around again.

'How is there no bathroom in here?!'

[y/n] took a right turn and she regretted it so badly.

"That damn nerd and that half-n-half bastard—get out of my way, damn extra!"

While she was taking a turn, some guy bumped her shoulders and accidentally spilled iced coffee on her skirt .

ON HER SKIRT.

Her jaw dropped at the sight of her white skirt printed with brown liquid that smelled awfully like coffee, well, it was coffee. She was just about to rant but when she turned around, the guy was no longer there. She kind of saw the guy wearing the student uniform for a split second but she could care less. Whoever that guy was, he was a disrespectful dude.

She groaned and put her hands on her head. She wanted to punch someone because of the trouble she caused on herself. And she still needed to pee.

“Ughhh!” Groaning loudly, she went running again.

She opened one door that lead to a staff room. One lead to a cafeteria. One lead to a room filled with dozens of yellow sleeping bags. Weird.

She walked around again, desperately holding back her urine. Without looking, she opened another door and checked at what was inside.

She found herself staring straight into grey and blue eyes. Todoroki was sitting on a chair with his hands on a table. He was also looking at her, his eyes widening a bit. She was pretty shocked as well.

“Todoroki?”

“[l/n]?”

She blinked once, then twice, and her mouth opened, “O-Oh! I'm so sorry! I should get going.”

Her face flushed while taking a step back. She turned around and was about to close the door behind her when a hand grabbed her wrist. She averted her gaze to her back and met his eyes again.

“Todo—”

“What are you doing here?”

His voice was soft, unlike how he yelled earlier at the battlefield. She liked it. She liked how he gets fluff and puff when he was with her.

What if he likes—nah.

She turned around with a smile, his hand still around her wrist, “I'm here to support you. To be honest, I wanted to surprise you.”

She chuckled then rubbed her nape nervously. Todoroki stared at her, his gaze softening more. Just a moment ago, he was insecure and disturbed. He was still thinking about Midoriya's talk with him in the fight and the fact that he actually used his fire quirk on him had him questioning himself.

Was he really going to betray himself by using it?

But when he saw her, all those worries faded. He realized that all he needed to be calm was her. All he needed was see her, touch her, and maybe talk to her about his insecurities.

He pursed his lips into a thin line and softly let go of her wrist. He held her back and pulled her against his chest and hugged her gently.

The sudden embrace made [y/n]'s heart skip a beat. His warmth, his touch, his everything had her blushing hard. Slowly, she reciprocated the hug with her arms on his back. Todoroki's body relaxed and cooled down with her body against his. He rested his chin on her shoulder and slowly, his lips formed into a small smile.

The first time ever.

Thank you.”

[y/n] stood frozen when he said those words. She grinned brightly afterwards and embraced him tightly.

“You're welco—” But before she could finish, a voice lingered from the other side of the now open door.

“What the...”

Todoroki hid his smile almost instantly when he saw his hell of a classmate just staring at them with a questionable look on his face.

“What the fu—” Todoroki closed the door by blocking it with a huge ice glacier.

“Who was that?” [y/n] asked, her voice resonating through her shoulders. Todoroki glanced at her before closing his eyes, “No one.”

They hugged for a little while before letting go. They stared at each other softly with their hands linked. They didn't even notice it. But then the door exploded revealing the same blondie porcupine.

“DAMN YOU, HALF-N-HALF! AND GO GET A ROOM, BRATS!”

The blonde had tiny explosions floating around his palms and for a second [y/n] thought he was Satan. His eyes were so angry for no reason and his brows were too low, not to mention how noisy he gritted his teeth.

‘What's his problem?’ [y/n] raised a brow.

“We're already in a room,” Todoroki replied bluntly.

“ALONE!” The blonde growled.

“Then leave,” He retorted.

[y/n] heard the blonde groan deeply before leaving. Again, they were alone. [y/n] turned to look at Todoroki with a light giggle.

“Who was that?”

“No one,” He responded briefly before pulling her into a hug again.

“Well you sure are clingy today,” [y/n] chuckled.

Todoroki closed his eyes, dismissing her comment. At that moment of his life, all he needed was warmth and someone he can lean on.

That someone he both needed and wanted was her.