[3] - scintilla

"Shoto, eat up." Fuyumi nudged her little brother's shoulder when she noticed he wasn't eating the barbecue that was already on his plate. She was worried that barbecue wasn't his thing when literally almost all people love it.

Todoroki glanced at his sister as she raised her brows then pointed at the food in front of him. He just sighed and grabbed a fork. Natsuo was wide-eyed for a moment.

No one uses fork to eat barbecue.

Though he just shrugged and continued digging in. Fuyumi just smiled warily then ate her own grilled drum sticks.

Todoroki on the other hand, had his mind preoccupied with the girl he encountered earlier. The same girl who had the sweet cherry blossom scent; the same girl who played the flute so delicately was staring directly into his soul.

'Just like a plume.' He unconsciously thought.

She was beautiful, no, she was ethereal, like a goddess or an angel. An angel who he thought had a perfect life that she didn't have. He was oblivious of her life story, he didn't know that they were both in the same situation:

Trying to break out of their parents' control.

He then successfully sliced a small portion of the meat and placed it inside his mouth to chew. But his mind was still somewhere else.

She was just about to introduce herself, until his sister called. It was all in a bad timing. Why must they eat barbecue anyway?

"It's because today was your first day at UA. We just wanted to congratulate you, Shoto."

As if she read his mind, Fuyumi stated making him look at her. Her lips curved upwards, "Congratulations, Shoto."

"Congrats, dude! Hey, if you don't want to eat your barbecue I'm willing to take it!"

Todoroki just looked at them stoically, deep inside, he was trying hard to make up a smile but failed. Instead, he replied with a single 'thank you' and an 'I'll give the remaining to you if my appetite doesn't come back' which Natsuo groaned at.

Todoroki's mind wandered again.

He wanted to know her name. He was desperate. He was oblivious why. He never thought she knew him though. How? Oh right.

He was the number two hero's son.

Todoroki broke apart.

What if she only wanted to approach him because his father was second to the best hero of Japan? What if she was just like other people that he had encountered before? What if she wasn't different than he thought she was?

What if she actually just wanted to find out about him and him only?

He was battling with himself. A part of him defended the assumption he had thought of that she wanted to know him because of his Dad and a part of him encouraged the other assumption of her just having good intentions like maybe applying to be his friend.

Bold choice of words there, Todoroki. No one's applying for anything when literally everyone's ready for a commitment called 'marriage' with you.

Maybe she was harmless? Besides, he wanted to know her name too that was still currently a mystery to him.

It wouldn't hurt asking her sooner than later, right?

-

Okay maybe he crossed the line about the 'asking her name sooner or later' thing.

"Hey, what was your name?"

Wtf Todoroki?

He just stared at her from below, completely forgetting that he stepped on a stranger's yard under the moonlight. Though he didn't care when he met gazes with the girl that has been annoying his mind in a rather confusing but pleasant way.

He stared as her pupils shimmered below the shining moon looking at the both of them. Todoroki still can't get over how overwhelming her beauty was. She could be any other beautiful thing in this world.

An angel, a goddess, a princess, a flower, a leaf, a peach, a melody, a diamond, a gem, a dove, a rose, a plume, any delicate and precious thing, name it.

She looked so unreal.

And when she smiled, Todoroki's heart skipped a beat and everything around him paused until they moved in a slow motion. Her smile shone through the skies and moon that even the stars were jealous of her. She was so ethereal, innocent, and godly.

Todoroki went doki doki.

"[y/n]. It's [y/n]!"

As soon as that name escaped her lips, it was already printed into his mind and copied it to every single cell of his brain. Her name sounded as alluring as her face, as well as her soft gentle voice.

Despite the fireworks in his pumping heart, his expression still remained as calm as the atmosphere between the two. [y/n] just chuckled and to him, it sounded like a sweet singing of a nightingale.

And the time passed just like that, them just staring at each other with sparkles in both of their eyes in the moonlit night. Nothing seemed to be surrounding them, they considered themselves completely alone.

Until Todoroki had to leave but this time, he left with her name in his heart. He couldn't wait to meet her again.