[8] - curmudgeon

"I always feel really bad for that boy."

"Why so, Fuyumi?"

[y/n] turned towards the white haired girl who was now wearing a rather despondent expression.

A few moments ago, Todoroki had gone back to training so she was left with Fuyumi-she agreed to call her that, too. They were sitting on the wooden floor of the manor's ground balcony. And they kind of decided to talk for until Todoroki was done.

"He lived his life being Father's tool," Fuyumi's voice almost cracked and looked down, her eyes fixated on her fingers which she fiddled with.

"Tool?" [y/n] asked, bewildered.

Fuyumi stayed silent for a minute so [y/n] turned back to the front and was afraid that maybe she had asked a touchy question.

"I think he'll tell you himself when he feels like it."

[y/n] pressed her lips together, "I doubt that. We just actually became friends recently."

"[y/n]?"

[y/n] looked around and met her sad but hopeful gaze, "Can you promise me one thing?"

"Yes, what is it?"

She smiled weakly, "Please don't leave him and make him happy, okay?" She then looked down, "It seems like you're the only one he's natural with."

[y/n] blushed, "How can you tell?"

"I just know it," Fuyumi responded with a giggle.

[y/n] smiled sheepishly, "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

-

Todoroki heaved a sigh after melting the ice he created around the room. As soon as he was done training, the first thing that came across his mind was the only girl who ever visited him in his home.

How could he not blush at that?

Not knowing he was in a rush, he trudged out of the training room and immediately started looking for her.

He searched everywhere.

But there was no [y/n].

He asked his siblings and they said she was just taking a look at the house. They didn't even notice Endeavour who was sneaking behind them to get the box of Mochi then sneaked back to his room in a millisecond.

Natsuo noticed him left though.

Todoroki had no other options but to look around the whole place again.

He never thought he'd see her around the well. The bad thing was that she almost fell.

"Wooahh! There's even a wishing well here?! Just how crazy is this household?!" [y/n] exclaimed as she took a look from under the well. The water was clear to her sight and it was pretty deep. Very deep, actually.

Todoroki stood meters away from her and even suppressed a snort. He was careful not to scare her so he kept himself quiet.

"It's so deep..." [y/n] started leaning towards the middle and lowered her upper body to check just how deep the well was. Until, "I wonder-AHH!"

Her feet lost contact with the ground resulting in falling inside.

Todoroki didn't miss a single beat to run up to her and created a line of ice from his hand to hers and the falling eventually stopped. The two stared at each other for a second, hers filled with fear while his were intense. There was no way he could let her fall down there and die. She can't use her quirk without seeing plants too.

He had to save her. He wanted to save her.

The eye contact didn't break when he began pulling her with walking backwards slowly. She finally got out of the well and smelled the fresh air once again when she stepped on the grass. She let out heavy breaths she didn't know she was holding while Todoroki quickly ran up to her.

"Are you okay?" He questioned in a softer tone to be able to calm her down more. He kneeled in front of her and held her iced hand gently.

"It's cold," She replied, her lips slightly quivering. Todoroki muttered out a 'sorry' then began melting the ice. [y/n] just smiled, "No, it's okay. Thank you."

And the two stared again. Only this time, the sparkles in their eyes were visible. Their hearts calmed down and harmonized through the same heartbeats. And the tense atmosphere faded.

His touch on her hand felt warm, not because he was literally melting the ice on her hand but because of her desire for more. She liked holding hands with him, she didn't question why. She just let it be.

Todoroki on the other hand was out of his mind.

Why was he blushing? Why did he like holding her hand? Why did he save her? Why did he always think of her every single time?

It was a mystery. An utterly obvious one. He was just dumb to realize it.

Fuyumi was watching them from the window, a smile creeping into her face. She knew [y/n] was going to be the first and last one tiny Shoto was going to bring into the household. She could tell how natural their chemistry with each other was. She knew [y/n] was the girl who can make him twice as much happier than how she and Natsuo can.

She cooed at the fact that little Shoto was now slowly developing feelings for a delicate girl who was also feeling the same. They just needed more brain cells to finally realize it.

Meanwhile, from the upper floor, Endeavour was also spying at the two teenagers. His eyes narrowed at the sight of the girl he had never seen before in his neighborhood.

To him, she looked pathetic; weak; useless; and a distraction to his son. If she had a powerful quirk, he'd eventually arrange a marriage for the two until they reach the right and acceptable age. But if she didn't, he was absolutely going to ban her from his son no matter how much more hatred he was going to get.

For him, love was just a distraction.