Kiev

*Kiev is in Ukraine it was in Lithuania prior to the Soviet Union lol oops

Steve woke alone. That wasn't unusual, Natasha usually got up early. When Steve got ready he found that most of their things were packed as they where to leave later that day. Natasha must have gotten up really early.

"Where's Natasha?" Steve asked when he found only Yelena in the living room.

"She's in with Rose, we saved some eggs for you."

Of course she was. Natasha had awoken multiple times throughout the night. When he had asked her what was wrong she had always just said 'I have a lot in my mind'.

Steve grabbed a plate of eggs and found Natasha trying to get Rose to drink something. The girl was clearly sedated, most likely a mix of whatever Tony gave her and the dying effects of whatever she had been injected with.

"What's that?" Steve asked.

"Milkshake. If we tried to get her to eat solid foods she'd choke. It's got enough calories to keep her going." Natasha sat back in the chair she had pulled to the bed and glanced at him.

Her eyes were slightly red with bags underneath. She said something he didn't expect.

"What do you really think about this?" She asked closing her eyes.

"About what?" Steve was confused.

"This." She gestured at Rose. "Me, having... a child. And this isn't just going to affect me but you and Sam too. Don't get me wrong I'm not going to leave her, she's my daughter but I don't want to hurt her." Steve laughed under his breath. Natasha opened one eye to look at him.

"Do you really think that you can hurt her more then that?" He asked gesturing to the girl in question.

Natasha closed her eye and turned her head so she was facing forward again. "I could always go, take her with me. It wouldn't affect you and Sam."

"I don't want to leave her either. And I certainly don't want you to leave" Steve said quietly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it'll be fun" Steve winked at her

They had packed everything they had, only filling a suitcase and a half. Natasha had run to a store across the street and gotten rose some clothes. Generic looking things, baggy t-shirts and sweatshirts. Leggings and jeans. And had changed Rose into these clothes. The girl had stirred but had not woken.

They had left Steve's stolen motorcycle in the parking  garage, Natasha has gotten a car. Steve didn't ask how she got it or where, he didn't want to know.

Yelena made a promise to visit Natasha eventually, Natasha did the same.

They didn't cry. Steve didn't expect them too, they were raised knowing that every time they saw someone it might be their last.

The road trip was long and boring. Natasha had shown him how to avoid border patrol. It was a wonder how he had made it this far.

They arrived at the motel around 6 pm. Steve got the key while Natasha stayed in the car with rose. Her Rose. That was a strange thought, a foreign concept. Things were being suddenly thrust onto her, things she never thought would happen.  Motherhood, she hated that word.

But before her thoughts could wander farther Steve showed up with the key.

One bed, one couch, one lazy boy recliner. Steve and Natasha would take the bed, they were the most willing to sleep together. 

Rose lay on the couch, with a single blanket and pillow. 

Sam got the chair. He wasn't there to object, besides it reclined.

Natasha decided to end the day with a Mac n Cheese cup and going to be led early. She barely slept the night before and the long car ride had made her tired. Still she tossed and turned. So she got up and took a hot shower. That hit the spot.

The hot water soothed away the knots in her back and eased her tension. 

As soon as Natasha hit the bed she was out cold. For the first time in a long time she felt like she could whole night through.

Steve joined Natasha shortly after she whent to bed. He wanted to wait for Sam to arrive but it was getting late and exhaustion made his limbs feel like lead.

Steve wrapped his arms around Natasha from behind. Pulling her small figure to his chest. His chin barely touched the top of her head. 

Steve fell asleep to the soft rhythm of Natasha's breathing.

Sam could hardly keep his eyes open. He had been visiting his sister Sarah when Rumlow nearly found him. He hadn't slept sense. 

Steve had told him that he'd leave the spare key right behind the front left tire of the car parked directly in front of room six. He stayed true to his word.

Sam silently unlocked the door and stepped in, making sure to lock it again. Not that it mattered, it wasn't like Rumlow would use the front door if he found them. Sam turned around and froze.

There was a woman sleeping on the couch. It was dark but he could make out red curls framing a heart shaped face and a small upturned nose.

Natasha. He wasn't surprised. She and Steve had a thing going on, they wouldn't stay apart for long.

However Natasha did seem smaller than usual. Probably just a larger than normal couch.

Natasha also looked younger, and he wasn't taking two years. It's dark, hard to see a damn thing in here.

Sam walks over to the bed. Instead of seeing Steve sprawled out under the covers he saw Steve, with his arms around a woman... with red hair, a heart face, and  small upturned nose.

No, that was definitely Natasha.

He looked back towards the couch. Where he saw the other Natasha.

"What the fuck?!" He practically yelled.