Switzerland

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been extremely busy as my parents are pressuring me to be better then everyone else so I'm in Honors English and excellerated physical science and my dad still got upset that I failed the advanced placement algebra test. I'm signed up for two clubs, all extracurricular activities that I can do, and I'm expected to get the 400 hours of volunteer work required for the silver cord at graduation. My dad keeps saying that I need to take as many advanced classes as possible because it'll get me farther in life and my mom tells me that extracurricular activities look good on a collage resume.

Good news I'm in the city production of the Nutcracker (the ballet)

I'm going to try to get to a good cliffhanger before I stop posting  until mid December 

Though the others didn't seem the happiest with the camping arrangement, particularly the one tent they all shared, Rose didn't mind. It was certainly better then anything she had in the Red Room. They had to cook their food over the portable gas stove, but she got warm food. The slept on the ground, but Rose wasn't handcuffed or monitored by guards with AK-47's. However over the past week she had gotten bored. Luckily the campsite had hiking trails that skirted on a short cliff side, less than 100 feet, that skirted a lake. 

Rose liked to run the more prestigious trails, keeping up her balance, endurance, and general awareness. Once she even joined a group of teenagers cliff diving into the water. She had comeback to the campsite after one of these runs to find it all packed up, the trunk of the car just shutting and the man who brought them to the campsite leaning against the car.

"You're heading to Switzerland, the plane leaves in a few hours. Natasha has the address and how to get there."

As it turns out the man was not coming with, as it was Natasha who drove them to the airport.

Once Rose boarded the flight she was informed about a house just outside of Gimmelwald Switzerland. Four bedrooms. Fully electric. The house was so remote she was told they may be able to stay as long as they liked.

Though Rose could tell the others were excited about this she wasn't enthralled. The only place she had ever stayed long term was the Red Room. Moving around place to place almost every other week was all she knew outside of that. She knew the risks of staying in one place, even in a  remote village. 

Rose steadied herself and stuffed away her worries, it was no was to spend a 8 hour flight.

At the airport Natasha found a certain car she seemed to be looking for, pulled out a pair of car keys, and unlocked the car.

Though she knew where they were and where they were going Rose still felt left in the dark. She hadn't known there was a car waiting for them. Why? Did they not trust her? Did they think she'd snap at any moment and kill them, run off, escape back to mother Russia? 

She climbed into the back of the car and settled in for a long ride. Once again fighting a battle with her mind to put her troubles at ease.

She didn't feel any anxiety approach at any of the troubling thoughts she had. More of annoyed if anything at all. Sense she was young all she can remember is pain, in her younger years bawling constantly, and being punished for it. In her mind she saw a young girl weeping day and night turn into a shell, an object, a weapon. 

Most of the time she just felt numbness, anger, and determination. That's all she was allowed to feel, that's all she knew. 

Rose felt her eyelids grow heavy and start to close.

She woke up groggy and so disoriented it took her a few minutes to realize she was in a bed she didn't recognize in a bedroom she didn't recognize. 

She glanced at her surroundings. Her eyes stopped on a pistol on the nightstand. Adrenaline coursing she reached over. Quickly checking the barrel she pulled down the hammer and rose from the bed. 

Gun in hand she tiptoed through the house, silently sweeping. Until she came across the living room. Rose tucked the pistol into her waist band as she rounded the corner to face Steve sitting on the couch.

"Good morning." He greeted her. She gave him a confused look. "You fell asleep in the car, instead of waking you up we decided to carry you to your room. You slept through the night so clearly you needed the sleep. Your stuff should be in your room. Natasha and Sam are in town getting groceries."

Rose blinked at him, scrubbed a hand down her face, turned around, and started back towards her room.

She never slept like that, always waking up at the slightest sound, it's just safer that way. She hasn't slept a full night in a long time, her slumber always plagued with nightmares. The last time she slept like that was two months ago, in the back of the blue truck.

Rose found her bag easily, she simply grabbed a fresh hoodie and shoved the bag under her bed. She knew they were expecting to stay a while but she'd rather be prepared.

Once the other two got back she helped put the groceries away, ate a quick breakfast, and decided to look around the house.

On the first floor Steve and Natasha shared a room just off of the living room in the front of the house. Behind the living room was a big open kitchen to the left was the stair case.  Behind the kitchen was a dining room. Across from the dining room was a sunroom. There was a bathroom with a slanted ceiling partially under the stairs. Upstairs Sam had a bedroom in the front right of the house, on the left side of the was a office. Across from the stairs was another bathroom. Rose's bedroom was right above the sunroom, a spare bedroom was on the other side of the hall above the dining room.

It took Rose two whole months to unpack. She took a break from living on the tips of her toes, it was nice. Every day around 2-3 she'd sit in the warm sunroom reading on the faded blue couch. Frequently she and Natasha watched a movie as a way to bond.

Rose even learned how to bake cookies. 

She was finally happy.

But nothing lasts forever.

It was early one November morning, Rose was sitting at the counter eating a bowl of cereal when Natasha pulled Steve aside and started talking in a hushed voice. Rose started to get concerned but opted to ignore it, this must be the part where the kid asks what they're talking about and get told it's  'adult business'.

Eventually Sam got pulled into the discussion, Rose wasn't invited. She thought ten secrets had stopped, she thought they trusted her.

"Rose, pack a bag." Natasha finally said.

"Why?" Rose asked. She started to tense up, had Ross found them?

"We're visiting a few friends in Scotland. It's a 13 train ride so pack a good book."

Rose calmed down a bit and did as she was told. They left a few hours later.

"What 'friends' are we visiting?" Rose asked after they settled into their first train.

"Wanda and Vision. They're supposed to check in with us and keep contact. We're just making sure they haven't gotten into any trouble." 

Rose slept for the remaining 12 hours. It was a quick and easy way to put her mind at ease. She never seemed to be able to just do nothing without her mind running ramped.

Eventually she was shaken awake by Natasha.

"They're here we're getting off now."

"The train is still moving." Rose pointed out, looking around confused. She was rushed to a door on the side of one of the train cars. She realized they weren't going to wait for the train to stop and rolled. 

Natasha wasn't wrong their 'friends', were there. However they seemed to be in a bit of a predicament.

«aliens? Fucking aliens?»