MasterCheif Ukraine

"That's exactly what I was saying!" Sam said from his spot on the couch. "I like the hair by the way."

"I-" Steve started.

"We haven't discussed this yet" Natasha said.

"But-" Steve added on.

"I guess one way to put it is yes, we like each other like that."

"I'd rather do this is in private, however I don't think we'll be getting that anytime soon." Steve took a deep breath and turned to Natasha. "I'd like to court you."

"Dude, I have no idea what the hell 'courting' is." Sam said.

"It's like dating with the intention of ending in marriage. It's what old people and Amish do." Rose said still standing in the doorway. "And thanks, Natasha cut it."

"I'd like that." Natasha said quieter to Steve, however the moment was ruined when Rose clapped. 

"Ok, now that that's over what do we have to eat?"

They spent the next three hours debating on weather or wether not Ukraine should have American court shows and if trash reality TV like TLC is worth the production cost. Steve and Natasha didn't think so however Sam had some very strong opinions on it. Rose refused to take a said because she had never watched TV except for last night, however she was leaning towards Steve and Natasha. 

"Aren't you a little young to be watching that trash? Shouldn't you wait until you're retired? You're only 40." Natasha  joked.

"41." Rose said

All of the heads in the room turned to her.

"How did you..." Sam trailed off, his mouth open.

"You're 41, you were born on September 23, 1978. You and your sister Sarah lived in Delacroix, Louisiana with your parents Paul and Darlene until they died and you joined the US Air Force ." 

"How did you know that?" Sam asked.

"You were an Avenger, all of the Avengers were seen as threats to the Red Room." Rose answered in a monotone voice. "Steven Grant Rogers, born July 4th, 1918. Your mother's name was Sarah Rogers she died in October of 1938. Your father died before you were born from a gas attack during the end of the First World War, or as it was known back then The Great War. Natalia Alianovna Romanoff or Romanovna in traditional Russian culture. You were born in 1984 but the Red Room never cared to find out the exact date. Your middle name is Alianovna suggesting that your fathers name was Alian, but we'll never know. We do know that you were born in St. Petersburg or what was then Stalingrad, but the name was changed with the collapse of the Soviet Union." When Rose finished she just turned her attention back to the mindless Ukrainian reality show that was on the TV.

"Do you know your birthday?" Natasha asked her daughter.

"Yes, December 1st, 2003."

"They told you?"

"No, James did. I'm not sure how he found out or even remembered." Rose answered, staring straight ahead.

The silence was deafening, the only sound being frustrated yells from the TV playing MasterChef Ukraine. The next 27 minutes were excruciating. Sam finally broke the silence.

"So, what are we doing for Christmas? That's in like two weeks, right?"

"Probably the same thing we did last year, buy a cheap ham and have it for Christmas dinner."Steve responded. I think we'll be on the other side of Ukraine by then, we should leave in two days." 

"That sounds good to me. I want to see Clint and his family sometime." Natasha said and Steve nodded.

Rose didn't ask who Clint was, she didn't need to know at the moment. Her focus was on taking deep even breaths. She was finally free, it washed over her like a icy wave. But not a bad kind of cold. And this wasn't the first time the realization had struck her like this, she was sure it wouldn't be the last.

She was so consumed in her thoughts that she hadn't realized the conversation had stopped. She looked over at a clock on the wall and realized that over half an hour had passed of her starring into nothing just thinking and breathing.

She looked over at Sam who had somehow gotten a microwave Mac N cheese cup without her noticing.

"You can take the couch tonight." Rose said.

"Shouldn't you be resting more? I mean you were beaten up pretty bad, no offense." Sam said as he turned to look at her.

"I barely feel it, besides I'm smaller, I'd be more comfortable on the chair anyway" 

"Speaking of that, how are your stitches doing?" Natasha asked standing up from her spot on the counter. She walked over to Rose and gently brushed her finger over a stitched up cut on her thigh. "They've only been in for four or five days, but they look  like they've been in for ten to fifteen. Strange."

"Didn't you say you had a form of the super serum?" Steve asked.

"Yes, but it wouldn't have healed that fast, especially if she only had half of it. James..." Natasha trailed off looking up at Rose then to Steve. "Had a stronger form of the serum. But..." Natasha trailed off again and shook her head. "Let's take them out."

Natasha stood up and crossed the room to one of their bags and pulled out a first aid kit. From that first aid kit she pulled out a thin pair of scissors. She walked back to Rose and wordlessly but carefully cut every individual stitch and pulled them out while Rose watched. She did this for all 14 of Roses injuries. She gave her daughter a small smile and sat down on the bed by Steve.

Rose stood up and walked over to one of the shopping bags on the floor and grabbed something called a poptart. She sat down in the chair and slowly nibbled on the corner of the poptart. After half an hour she had only made it through half of one of the two pastries in the tinfoil bag. She had resumed starring into the blank space in the corner of the TV so it looked like she was watching whatever show was on.

Natasha stood up and made her way over to her daughter. Standing behind the chair she touched Rose's arm lightly and leaned forward, close to Rose's ear.

"Let's go outside."

Rose nodded and complied.