Paternity test #2

Rose pulled away first.

"We should probably give Scott his phone back." She whispered.

"Yeah"

They walked back down the halls together to find Scott who said something about having to get back to his daughter. Rose didn't find this of importance. They started back to the hallway they were first waiting in when Rose felt a hand on her shoulder. She swung and punched James in the face.

"We've been looking for you kids, Tony is awake." James said, Peter immediately took off.

"Sorry, I didn't know it was you."

"I shouldn't have grabbed you without a warning. Come on, Steve is waiting for us."

When they entered the room Tony was in he and Peter immediately looked up.

"Hey flower girl, how are you doing?" Tony said in a joking voice.

"Flower girl?" Peter, Rose, James, Steve, and Pepper asked simultaneously.

"I thought it would be more obvious. She is a girl. Her name is Rose. Rose is a flower." Tony attempted to explain as a teenage girl walked in. Rose couldn't help but stare and think about her flawless features.

"Not to seem insensitive but does anyone know where we could do a paternity test?" Rose asked.

"I can as soon as I get out of here. Will I? Depends on how nice I'm feeling considering that last time I saw you, you stabbed me." Tony joked. It looked like Peter almost gave himself whiplash from how fast he turned his head to stare at her.

"You are not getting out of recovery anytime soon Mr. Stark." The girl said, "I would love to run a paternity test. I have studied genealogy but I have never run a legitimate test."

"Wait, I already ran a paternity test, your mother is Natasha Romanoff and your father is.. Yasef Dimhof?"

"Dimitri Yosinov, it's hard to explain but basically Dimitri was a former KGB spy, to hide James' identity his fingerprints and genetic profile is under Dimitri's. But Dimitri's DNA will also be a match to the genetic profile if that makes sense. So either man could be my father, I just- I just want to know."

"Right now? You really want to know don't you?" Tony joked.

"There is a lot on her mind, many questions, and it would help her to answer some. Assuming that Natasha Romanoff is her mother and she was snapped out of existence this would not only help her 'de clutter' her mind but also help her establish a sense of control when everything seems to be spiraling out of control. If that makes sense?" The girl said.

"Yeah, that makes sense." Rose agreed. That was something the girl she was before would have never admitted. She felt out of control and she was struggling to regain her senses and get back up on her feet.

"Starks vitals are looking good, I can run the test right now." The girl gestured at Rose and James. They obliged, following her though a long corridor to a lab.

"I don't think I caught your name?"

"It's Shuri, yours?"

"Rose"

"Well Rose I am going to need to draw blood, James first. Sit." She pointed to a lab table, both James and Rose sat at the same time. As soon as Shuri pulled out a needle Rose jerked away. James put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"I wouldn't be consoling her yet Bucky, you have to go first."

As the needle got close to his skin his breathing became labored.

"So trauma runs in the family? I apologize that was rude, and it wasn't even funny." As she turned to grab a new syringe she spoke to Rose. "You won't be able to feel a thing, it's not about that though, is it? I am assuming it's a Hydra thing. Not to intrude on your privacy or provoke you, I am just 'nosy' as my brother would put it." The needle was in and out quickly.

"Yeah" Rose said. "A hydra thing." She pulled her filthy sleeve back down and hopped off the table.

"I'll walk you back to Tony's room." Shuri quickly discarded her gloves and washed her hands.

"So how'd it go?" Tony asked as soon as they entered the room.

"I will have the results in approximately 30 minutes." Shuri promptly turned around and exited.

"Man, this feels like an episode of that one family court show, you are not the father." Sam said.

"I didn't even realize you were here, which is strange considering your obnoxious jokes." Rose snarked.

"That's enough." Steve snapped, ending the conversation. Rose could tell he was in pain, she was too. She took a deep breath in, not now, not here. She would wait until she was somewhere private to cry, to mourn, to feel.

Time passed by, filled with dull conversations and phone calls to loved ones. Until Peter scooted a chair right up to Rose's.

"Not to be rude but you're Natasha Romanoff's daughter?" He asked wide eyed.

"Yes."

"Like Black Widow Natasha Romanoff?"

"Yes"

"That's sooo cool!" He whispered. She made a lousy attempt to smile. His face dropped. "I am so sorry for your loss."

"Don't apologize, I don't understand why Americans do that."

"I think it's kind of dumb too. I lost my mom, then my dad, uncle Ben too. I know how it feels to loose a parent, if you want to talk-"

"No." She slammed her eyes shut. "Not now, not here. Sorry, I just... can we talk about something else?"

"Um yeah sure- did... did you stab Mr. Stark?!?"

"Yes, well kind off. I was drugged and he was trying to help but my didn't know and I grabbed a scalpel and put it in his hand-"

The door swung open and Shuri stepped inside holding a piece of paper.

Yeah so I work at a Dairy Queen, well the doctor that did the needle thing came in and I.. had a panic attack that lead to me throwing up- at work. So fun...

As always photo dump and my Insta is Ella_Strudel

They did us so fucking dirty with these tutus the supply chain is short and this was our 8th option

And that is all have wonderful fucking day.