The Bartons

A middle aged man opened the door, paused, then hugged Natasha tightly.

"Sorry for dropping in without a warning." Natasha said.

"No, no, come in." That man who Rose suspected to be Clint said. "Hey Steve, I heard you guys broke the others out of prison, how'd that go?"

"Well, we got them out. But we're still on the run from just about every country you can name." Steve smiled and patted Clint on the back.

"Sam." Clint said with an acknowledging nod. He looked down at Rose and his smile dropped. He glanced from Natasha back to Rose and his eyebrows furrowed. "Who are you?"

"Rose." She said sternly. His head jerked to look at Natasha.

Clint knew about Rose, as soon as they were able to leave Budapest he took him to her grave. Where she was told they dumped her babies body. When he asked why they were there she folded and told him everything.

"I thought you said..." Clint trailed off.

"Yeah well, I was wrong so meet my daughter, Rose."

Clint paused, then backed up and turned to let them into the house.

"Where's the little ones?" Natasha asked.

"Untie Nat?" A girl peeked her head around the corner before running into her arms. "Cooper come quick!" The girl called and a boy only a few years older also ran into Natasha's arms.

The girl looked behind Natasha and saw Rose.

"Hi, I'm Lilia Barton." She held out her hand and Rose slowly took it and shook her hand.

"Rose Romanoff." 

"Are you Auntie Nat's sister?" Lila asked.

"No, I'm her daughter." 

"Oh ok." Lila smiled before turning back to Natasha.

"Where's Nathaniel?" Natasha asked.

"Daddy?" A toddler came hobbling down the hallway. Natasha kneeled on the floor and opened her arms to the little boy.

"Do you remember Natasha?" Clint asked as Nathaniel walked into her arms and hugged her tightly.

Rose suddenly got jealous and felt a lump forming in her throat. She looked away and saw a woman who must be the children's mother.

"Na-ash-a" Nathaniel gurgled.

"Dinners ready." The woman Rose was watching announced. "I think that we have enough for all of us."

They did. All nine of them crammed around the table in both kitchen chairs and folding chairs, slowly eating broccoli cheese soup.

"So, Natasha and Steve can sleep in the guest bedroom." Clint winked at them. "Sam can have Coopers bed and he'll sleep in Nathaniels room. Lila has a bunk bed that her and Rose can share." Clint told them. "How long will you be staying?" 

"Not long, three days at most." Natasha said. "We wouldn't want to get you in trouble."

Not much was said for the rest of dinner. As everyone else left to get their stuff situated Rose wordlessly joined the mother, whom she learn was named Laura, at the sink to help with dishes.

"Oh, you don't have to." Laura said. Rose didn't reply, she just grabbed another plate and dipped it in the warm water. "I saw how you looked away when Natasha was holding Nate earlier." Rose didn't respond, just dried her plate and set it on the counter. "When I was pregnant with him she told me about you. She was absolutely deviated when they told her you were dead. She cried telling me about it. She loves you, she always has and always will, and she wishes more than anything that she raised you herself. She's scared to lose you again and she scared to be a mother. She thinks that she'll fail you." Rose finished drying the last plate and set the stack in the  cupboards.