CHAPTER 8- THE SEARCH (PART 2)

And with a determination the button was pressed. the whole room went deathly silent, staring intently at the box. a few seconds passed and nothing happened. the army chief let out an irritated sigh, "what?, that's it?"  as soon as he finished a bright yellow light flashed across the room, and within a split of a second every gun was pointed at the now glowing cube.

the president was now surrounded by bodyguards and the scientists were going crazy over the data that was being recorded from the cube. "what exactly is going on?" president inquired. "it seems to be some kind of scanning, if the data i am reading is right" one scientist replied, still reading from the data pad. 

A few minutes passed and everyone relaxed a bit. President still unsure of how to continue, started dispersing her guards. just then the cube split open with a click, causing momentarily panic and a tiny hologram of a planet appeared. the piqued from curiosity and the air turned from tense to fascination in just a moment. 

this hologram looks like "hope", one scientist pointed out while the others agreed silently. the hologram zoomed out of the planet and nearby star systems including Velthunia appeared, the hologram zoomed out once more taking more star systems in. 

every single person in the room was holding still, as if even breathing will cause the hologram to disappear. "it looks like a map", Mohion pointed out. "yes, but....why,how....WHY?" the army chief was irritated at this point. "it still tells us nothing, just more questions appear. i don't know why but, i do not trust that thing a little bit." the army chief pointed at the hologram. 

he was barely finished just then the hologram changed again, and a proper map was now displayed. "hope" was in golden color including Velthunia. Every other planet and star system was marked in red except for one other spot. "what is that?" the president inquired again, hoping someone might make a sense out of what was goin on. 

"it seems like" one elderly scientists walked toward the hologram, "whatever species lived on the planet Hope, wants us to follow this map". 

"they want us to find them?" Mohion asked, surprised. 

"it seems like a trap" the army chief stated, "who would want complete strangers to conveniently find a home of , let's just say a person. and even lay out a map for them? this is clearly a trap." 

"or may be it's an invitation" one scientist pointed out. "maybe this species wants us to find them, it is possible that this is all a trap. but, how would we know if don't go out there and find out?" 

"whatever it is, we need to strengthen our forces, barricade our borders and" the president looked around the room, "prepare a fleet good in stealth, a diplomatic party and a group of scientists and explorers." 

the president walked toward the hologram and pointed to the golden spot, "we will go there, but we will use our brains, this is too good of an opportunity to pass, we need to know what is out there, and for that." she turned around focusing her attention on everyone, "we need to follow the light". 

as soon as she was finished, the hologram disappeared and the cube simply closed in on itself again, leaving the red button on top.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello every one and thank you so much for reading this. this is the first time that i am publicly showing my work and i really hope it is good, if not better. 

and i will definitely try to update soon, it's just.........thank you for taking the time and reading it. i really appreciate it.