CHAPTER 3- HOPE

Zover quickly made his way toward the console and furiously started pressing buttons. after waiting for what felt like an eternity, Arixium finally got permission to land on the planet. the whole crew woke up from the wait like a trance, running around frantically, with captain Kurin yelling around orders. 

"Zover, land us down at your earliest convenience" stated the captain looking toward the planet. today was the moment that he became captain for. this find was enough to have his name printed on the history, still he wanted, in fact hoped for more. more what,? he didn't know, but he was sure this was just the beginning. 

"Arixium has landed safely, captain" Zover announced proudly. Zover was the first person from his entire family tree to join the exploration ships. his family held the pride of only serving in military, fighting on the front line. Zover was never interested in fighting, all he ever wanted to become was an explorer. to go beyond and above the stars, to explore and to help his people find the light or something equivalent. And today he felt like that dream of his was coming true, for today he had found something, and he truly hoped for it to be light.

Captain Kurin assigned the crew its duties, leaving only few soldiers with the ship for safety, not that it was needed, almost a dozen exploration ship were also landing around them on the planet and with them an entire military fleet. every single member of the exploratory crew was needed to survey the entire planet, for every crew member was taught basics of exploration science.

Arixium's door finally opened and out came the crew, barely controlling their excitement. captain Kurin could not believe what he was seeing. in front of him stood buildings taller then some mountains on his planet. megalithic structures of an strange metal which still shone in the dim light of the sun, stood proudly and sturdy in the ice. he looked around, amazed at the structures and realized he was standing right in the middle. everywhere around him were structures, except the spot that they had landed in.

he looked at Zover and smiled. the pilot had done an amazing job. however, Zover was a pilot only because he preferred to fly or more like he liked to fly. but, if a person bothered to look into his academic record, it was really an achievement to behold. Zover had studied archeology, geology and also had some knowledge about tracking. Captain Kurin was glad to have Zover on his team, for who wouldn't want a bright mind accompanying them in space, between the madness. 

as the crew looked around and took in the surroundings, captain cleared his throat loudly, turning the attention on himself. 

"members of exploration and crew of the Arixium, today is a big day for all of Velthuna. for, we have found what we never dreamed of, but only dared to hope. we have found a civilization, only ruins but a civilization nonetheless. let us hope to find something beside the ruins. let us hope to find, if possible, traces of some ancient beings. maybe, we are coming closer in fulfilling our purpose, maybe we are coming closer to find the light." Captain stopped and looked at the beep that just chimed from his wrist. his face lit up brightly.

"dear members of Arixium, the government has asked us to name the planet, as we were the ones to find it," proudly announced the captain. at this, the crew members cheered among themselves. Zover quickly ran up to the captain and whispered in his ear. Captain Kurin chuckled lightly and typed on his comm, then asked the crew for his attention again. 

"now that i am informed, that crew had already thought of a name," the comm chimed up again and the captain beamed brightly at the crew. "very well, the government has agreed with the suggestion," he took in a deep breath and turned around, to look at the structures in front of him. 

"The name of this planet shall be," captain Kurin let out the breath, that he was holding and closed his eyes "Hope," he said calmly as he opened his eyes and turned around to face the crew.

the crew cheered and hugged each other again and after a while looked at the captain."so, now shall we explore?" captain asked gesturing a hand toward the building in the front. the whole crew nodded and agreed simultaneously with the captain. 

and then began the exploration of "Hope" in the hope of light.